Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to take this opportunity to start a thread to THANK all the Mods and Admins on this forum for the hard work that they do.

I guess you can compare them to being a principal at a school or a CEO of a company. I can't imagine that they get the credit that is duly due them. They have a most difficult job maintaining a certain semblance of order that comes along with running a forum....maintaining the rules and regulations of the forum as well as partaking in postings of their own. I am sure there are times that they want to chime in on a thread and give an opinion or take sides......but they cannot.

Again, thank you Mods and Admins for a sometimes thankless task which you have undertaken.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I agree. The horse boards I am on are ruthless. The passive aggressiveness...the insinuations, the breed snobs...well I'm not on there much anymore.

How you give information is more important then the information. Presenting it wrong just shuts down the listening. A good 'teacher' knows this and will present information in the most neutral way possible.

(I have not been on the boards long enough to make any judgement about the banned person so this statement is not about them).

But to sum it up, thank you to the moderators for make this a nice place to visit.

Reactions: laprincessa

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
And so the war continues...
This isn't about continuing "the war". There are just certain times that you realize how hard it must be to be in someone else's position and this is one of those times. I wouldn't want to be a mod in this situation, no matter if I agree with the outcome or not. I think it's important for everyone to realize how much volunteer time goes into this forum. That's all that this is about.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
If it weren't for them, this forum wouldn't be here. I have learned so much here, you just can't imagine. I don't have any other source to go to with my questions where I can get a variety of opinions and so many facts. Believe me, the sum total of the members here have exerienced EVERYTHING there is to taking care of a dog or competing with.

Penny's acl was/is a big deal for us. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to have people willing to share their own experience, their expertise and their encouragement.

I thank the mods:smooch: for their work.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,059 Posts
I would also like to thank the mods and administrators for this forum.

Honestly, without it, I don't believe that my beautiful boy Reno would be with us today. I had no idea what hemangiosarcoma was before this forum. It was because of what I'd learned that made me react so quickly and, in doing so, probably saved his life!!!!

You guys do an awesome job!!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I have to agree - the mods do have a tough job and, all things considered, they handle it very well with very little thanks. They can't please everyone all the time and no matter what decisions they make (about anything) somebody is bound to be unhappy about it.

I really think that all these threads should be closed now, though. I'm sure it's not everyone's intention, but they really do give the impression of "side taking." One thread thanking Laura, another thread thanking the mods... both useful and appreciated, I'm sure... but it's just going to go on and on and on...
I don't like to overstep, but I really think the best thing to do is just put it to rest and move on.

·
Administrator
16,473 Posts
I have to agree - the mods do have a tough job and, all things considered, they handle it very well with very little thanks. They can't please everyone all the time and no matter what decisions they make (about anything) somebody is bound to be unhappy about it.

I really think that all these threads should be closed now, though. I'm sure it's not everyone's intention, but they really do give the impression of "side taking." One thread thanking Laura, another thread thanking the mods... both useful and appreciated, I'm sure... but it's just going to go on and on and on...
I don't like to overstep, but I really think the best thing to do is just put it to rest and move on.

Yes, both threads are now closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.