Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to give a thank you to my secret santa for the best present I received from anyone. The pups loved the cookies so much and I had to put them up or they would have eaten the whole bag. Gave Joey's to him before he left in his stocking so he is probably sharing them with his sister.
But the best present was a silver Christmas ornament with Beau's picture and engraved Best Friend with a paw print. When I opened the box, I started crying saying this forum is the best place ever. I have gotten beautiful cards and now the best gift.
Thank you Noreen, Mickey, Minnie, Tasha and Sophia.

1st picture Bama leading the pack to get a cookie and Pawley in second
2nd picture my beautiful present.

Yes I am in shorts we were 70 with overcast skies. You will probably notice my cards behind me, I think I totaled them up today and had 55 cards most of them forum members from the christmas card signup.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
What a special present from you're SS, love it...our's arrived yesterday and the crew been very happy killing a duck..LOL and of course their treats..lol

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
The ornament is perfect! What a wonderful Christmas Present. Looks like the boys were eagerly watching Mom open her Secret Santa present.

It looks like you ran a string/line and hung your Christmas Cards from it. Great idea. I need to remember it. Mine are all over the house, even tucked into the edges around large framed prints I have.

Hope you had a Very Merry Christmas, we did!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
After seeing some incredible ugliness from people on Christmas Eve- flipping people off, selfishness, and hearing unbelievable similar stories from family about the same on Christmas Eve- I came home after running errands Christmas Eve morning literally in tears about what I had witnessed. It broke my heart that these people could not even show some compassion for others on Christmas Eve of all days.

Now this post made me cry good tears. I just want to say thank you to whoever did this for Carol. Your kindness has renewed my faith that there are decent, caring, compassionate people in this world, even if it is only my immediate family and GRF members.

Carol is right. All of you guys are the best! Now I pray we all can influence all of those around us to be the same way.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
A big thank you to this Secret Santa for making Carol's day and honoring a beautiful Golden.

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
That is lovely. Dog people are the best. My sister took the picture of Jamie with Santa and had it made into an ornament for me.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Carol, your Pups are so well behaved, mine would have been on top of me for treats.
Thank You Secret Santa!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Carol what a lovely orniment i had one too of Sadie and Meg from Patsy (twinny41) and it brought tears to my eye's such lovely people on this site.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
That is a lovely ornament of a beautiful boy.

Looks like the other boys knew what was in that FedEX box!

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
Carol, I hope the ornament brings back happy memories of your sweet Beau each Christmas that you unwrap it. I hope all had a very Merry Christmas!!

I would like also like to thank my SS for the yummy treats!! The crew really enjoyed them!! The people on GRF are very special! We wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts