Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, nice to meet you all. This is one of the most surreal thanksgiving days I've ever experienced. Monday our beloved golden retriever was diagnosed with lung cancer at the age of five. There were no signs or symptoms, her lungs filled with fluid and there were no viable options at all. I know this is not the tribute section but it is why I'm here. The shock and grief is overwhelming, she was at my fingertips for five years, not nearly long enough. This website is the first comfortable place I've found. Thank you for sharing all the sweet faces and beautiful stories.

I have an adorable seven year old yorkie named Shelby. I also have a rescued umbrella cockatoo, three talking quaker parrots, a cockatiel and two budgies. I am a moderator on a parrot forum so if I can help anyone with birds, I'd love to.

Four months ago our rescued border collie passed away at the sweet age of sixteen and a half. We have shared our home with, yorkies, Saint Bernards, a German Shepherd and Sparkle, the collie.Then we met a golden, we can't imagine living without one. Thank you for listening, especially on a holiday.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I am glad that you have found GRF but very sorry for the circumstances which brought you to us. Many of us have lost beloved companions and know the pain that the loss of them brings. Please feel free to share stories and photos of your girl. It often helps to share the memories with people who understand. Please know you are not alone.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,791 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I'm so sorry for your loss of your Golden girl.
When you are ready, if you'd like to post a tribute to her, we'd love to hear about her and see pictures. I know she was a very special girl and is greatly missed.

Many of us know what you're going through, we share in your grief and we're all hear to support one another.

·
Registered
17,561 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious girl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, so sorry for your loss. You sound like you have a very loving (and colorful!) home, and I'm sure your sweet Monday enjoyed a very happy life with before her passing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts