Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!
I've got a question....I was just on the k9data site and I noticed a section called test breedings. I also noticed it when I had been trying to get information from a breeder who was not being very responsive.
I've only heard the term in reference to colour - mapping out the probability of colour in a lab or border collie litter.
I have a feeling that this is a different thing on that site. Can someone explain to me what is a test breeding?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thank you! That would be a phenomenal tool for a breeder.
It just reinforces my strong belief that I would never breed - that's a serious activity best left to professionals.
Whether or not I am able to get a golden, the exposure is truly teaching me A LOT about different tools, best practices, etc. Very, very productive time for me.

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
Locked into my PC is a program I purchased which would handle test breedings, run a COI and do a genetic influence table as well. I really need to get a PC professional to rescue it for me!

Amy's whole k9data database is just wonderful, and she is very beloved of breeders for it :)

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
It's my original PC-over 10 years old and it doesn't run well at all! There are some local computer geek businesses that I really need to take it to and get a bunch of my photos and files moved to my laptop, not to mention puppy records for previous litters.

It is so old that the new hook ups for printers, etc. don't fit it and the CD drive is dead (although if I can get it to power up and stay powered up, I might be able to fix that).

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, gotcha. I thought it might have been a software issue.
I'm sorry - that's frustrating. My oldest of my five laptops (I'm a technophile) is dying. I got a 1TB external drive and backed up ALL of them. Now I'm stressing because I just created a single point of failure by doing that!
So off I go to get another! I'm a geek....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts