Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...of Uncle Jester withdrawal.

Not to mention Aunt Cindy and Uncle Larry withdrawal.

She's happy to be home, but she's wandering around the house looking for another dog to maul.

I met Cindy and Larry and Jester for the first time yesterday (my wife and daughter drove Tessie out while I tended to my sick son) and I can completely understand why Jester's got that perpetual smile on his face.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Cindy should be canonized in the religion of her choice for taking Tessie for a week. This is an amazing place, and Aunt Cindy's the most amazing of all.

allen

·
Premium Member
18,163 Posts
There's a cure for that, adopt another Golden!

It's so great to have people you trust to take care of your puppy. I'm glad you live close enough to each other!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
I say get Tess a friend.. and for that matter Jester needs a friend as well.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
it makes me wonder actually if it decides people to get another gr as a playmate.
if you see your dog so happy playing with another you must automaticlly think i'll get him/her a brother.

omg does this mean i will end up with loads of them?

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
it makes me wonder actually if it decides people to get another gr as a playmate.
if you see your dog so happy playing with another you must automaticlly think i'll get him/her a brother.

You just might!:D I started out with 1 and she is so high energy I got her a friend, then I fostered a pup and kept her and then fostered another one and no one wanted him because of a heart murmur and he stayed and there all best friends.

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
Aaaawww....I really miss her already too! :bawling:

The house seemed so empty after you guys left. And poor Jester.....He is either extremely depressed or tired. He disappeared from the living room around 8:30 last night. Larry found him curled up in a ball on his bed in our room at 10:00 and he didn't want to even budge to go outside. He didn't get up at 5:00 AM with Larry to go out either. At 6:30 he finally whined to go out and then went straight back upstairs to his bed. I had to wake him up to eat at 8:00! This never happens...I mean NEVER! He always gets me up by 7:00 demanding his breakfast! While I was getting ready to go to work he went into his crate and only came out as I was leaving to give me the saddest most pathetic look I think I have ever gotten from him! :(

It really was a joy to have Tessie come visit and it was so nice to meet Allen and his wife and daughter. I hope that we can get Jester and Tessie together again soon. We really miss that little girl.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tessie's had a nice long walk this afternoon, and was fussed over by many people, but she's still looking around for something big and furry to pounce on.

(She's also seems to have learned to stop and sit while walking on the leash. Did you teach her that, Cindy?)

Ethan, my son, was kinda bummed not to meet Uncle Jester. (and Aunt Cindy and Uncle Larry) But absolutely ecstatic to have his furry buddy back. (We drove her to school this morning, just for fun.)

Here's a nice picture of Cindy, and blurry one of Tessie--the flash didn't go off.

Seems to me that another puppy is cheaper than a doggie psychiatrist.
But what do I know.

Attachments

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
WOW!!!! How super is this?????? Great fun on the one hand, and great peace of mind on the other.... plus what a GRF friendship. The people here are really the best !!!!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
She needs a sibling!! (Jester too!)

Seeing people's pictures of their multi-dog households, I just knew Sam needed a playmate. It sounds stupid but I got Dillon for Sam... I will never be a one dog house again after seeing how much they enjoy eachother's company. :)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts

muaaaaaahhhaaaaa it is a delightfully evil plot!!
We started with one....now we are up to three....LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're going to wait until Tessie gets her adult teeth before we start thinking about another dog.

That said, she does love playing with other dogs, and I'm going to try to have some doggie playdates once the weather breaks a little.

FWIW, Harry, the Labradoodle two houses down, just got a haircut and he went from looking like a sheep to, well, looking like a sheep after a shearing.

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
I had to keep picking her up as much as possible all week...simply because I could! :) They only stay small enough to be picked up and cuddled for such a short time :(

She was doing the sitting thing while on leash the whole time she was here so I thought she already knew it. She must have taught herself! She is so smart! When we were walking around the yard she would often just sit down. Three times she sat when geese flew over and actually looked up at the sky! She did learn from Uncle Jester that carrying a big stick while on a long walk makes walking much more purposeful (is that even a word :confused:) though (did you see the picture in the other thread?) Don't worry....I didn't let her eat any sticks. Sometimes they just need to carry something in their mouths when they walk. She kept trying to grab the one that Jester had so I just gave her one of her own and she was happy as a clam! :p:

I'm sure your kids were thrilled to her her back home! Jester is still bummed. :( Hmmmm...I wonder if Embrace covers depression therapy for dogs? :uhoh:

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It sounds to me like both Tessie and Jester need to get themselves little brothers real soon. I wonder which parents will be running out to the Golden Retriever Store first. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts