Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fed the dogs, took them for a long, brisk 60 minute walk and then when we got home, I went outside to put up Christmas lights for 20 minutes while I had a pound ground beef was thawing in the sink for dinner.....

I came inside and found an empty Ziploc bag in the entrance, and can't seem to find the ground beef anywhere.... :confused::confused::confused: I'm sure we can all put 2 & 2 together...

I feel like this is a stupid question, as I can't picture a non-domesticated dog frying up some meat over a campfire :doh: but I need to ask incase I'm wrong.

My question is whether a half a pound each of raw ground beef is bad for them??

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Mine eat raw ground beef all the time since I feed raw. They might get loose stools just because they're not used to it, but I wouldn't worry about anything serious.

You must have very generous dogs for you to be thinking they split it 50/50. Whichever one of my dogs would have found that jackpot would have wolfed it down himself.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
You must have very generous dogs for you to be thinking they split it 50/50. Whichever one of my dogs would have found that jackpot would have wolfed it down himself.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I know for a fact whichever of MINE found such a treat would hog that whole thing to himself!!

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Mojo scored some hamburgers waiting to be killed in a fiery death while Gary wasn't paying attention. lol. At least you know Molson's probably happy! :D

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I will NEVER forget this one time Sam snagged some BBQ pork ribs (boneless! ;)) that had been marinated in this suuuper spicy bbq sauce. I remember we were washing dishes and I was like.. "whoa Sam's got like, streaky tears going down his face.. that's weird!" and then 5 minutes later we realized the plate that had the leftover ribs was empty and it all made sense! LOL Poor pup... :)

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
I will NEVER forget this one time Sam snagged some BBQ pork ribs (boneless! ;)) that had been marinated in this suuuper spicy bbq sauce. I remember we were washing dishes and I was like.. "whoa Sam's got like, streaky tears going down his face.. that's weird!" and then 5 minutes later we realized the plate that had the leftover ribs was empty and it all made sense! LOL Poor pup... :)
:doh: Mojo had poo rockets the time GARY gave him boneless buffalo wings. I was furious. lol.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well both boys seem to be doing alright still... although Molson was laying at our feet and all of a sudden Jay and I smelled spaghetti sauce! He's been farting all night, but no runny poos or meat balls yet! :doh: haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts