Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We adopted Tesa 10 days ago today. :) She has been WONDERFUL!!! She is everything we want in a pet. She loves to cuddle...give kisses...loves her walks...loves to swim....comes when called...loves to be groomed...ect. She even got to play with two other dogs at the park last night and did fine. One of the dogs was a year old and was just a little too rambuncious for her (Tesa is 9)...but none the less...she had fun. I want to find someone close so that maybe Tesa can have a playdate now and then. She is our very first Golden ever and we are in love with her. :--crazy_love: I know that it takes a few weeks for them to show their "true colors" when they come from a shelter...but honestly...I can't see her being any other way than she already is...sweet...loving and gentle. I don't forsee a problems that may arise as she settles in. She will get to meet our 4 year old granddaughter next week. I'm sure the meeting will go fine. Tesa supposedly grew up with kids and is supposed to be great with them.....I hope next weeks meeting between the two will prove that statement right. :crossfing

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Wow you adopted a 9 year old GR, you are all getting along, she behaves well and all is happy?!!

I congratulate you and wish you all the best and hope that the 1st meeting with your granddaughter will equally go well.

You already sound like a wonderful unit!! ;)

Wishing you happy times always and look forward to seeing the pics with the granddaughter!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She sounds like a wonderful girl and had no problems fitting in with your family. Bless you for adopting an older girl. I love the old gold and cherish every day with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts