Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I just found out one of our childhood friends we've known for 38 years died suddenly this morning in front of his wife, another childhood friend. Life gets busy, days get compressed, and you don't get to see them often enough. If you have a moment to spare, call a friend you haven't touched base with recently, catch up and tell them you love and appreciate them. You may not get another chance. :(

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
that is so, so sad. Prayers and good wishes go out to the family, and to you and your husband.

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
so sorry....what a shock...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Oh, I'm so very sorry, and it's so true. I felt exactly like that when my friend Tom took his life... :( You and your friend's family are in my thoughts.
Edit: P.S.: I'm sure your friend knew you loved him...

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our friend collapsed this morning in the bathroom while getting ready for work. He was gone before 911 arrived. My guess is heart attack or aneurysm took him. An old college boyfriend passed away suddenly on Sept.22, to a sudden heart attack. I told hubby that we are at a vulnerable age.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
My husband has had a heart attack and thankfully survived but I relate to your fear and sadness. I am so sorry for your friend.

My dad is 79 and in a nursing home in bad health. All of his brothers are gone and all of his close friends have died. I feel so bad for him. We try to visit alot but can't be there all the time.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My husband has had a heart attack and thankfully survived but I relate to your fear and sadness. I am so sorry for your friend.

My dad is 79 and in a nursing home in bad health. All of his brothers are gone and all of his close friends have died. I feel so bad for him. We try to visit alot but can't be there all the time.
It's so sad for our seniors when they outlive their friends. My FIL lost his wife and then all of their close friends passed away except for one man, and he's in very poor health himself. My FIL is/was the social type and made new friends, but he really missed the people he grew close to decades ago. Even though he is in a nursing home now and has limited communication skills, he's made several friends among the residents, including a gentleman who suffered at stroke at age 60.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,607 Posts
I'm so sorry for the passing of your friend. I think it's always the hardest for the ones left behind. My dad passed away last year, my mom is having such a hard time without him.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
So very sorry

I am so very, very, sorry to hear about your friend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts