Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your pup watch television? The other night the Dog Whisper was on tv and something caught Finn's attention (for all of 3 mins) but it kinda surprised me that he watched the tv very intently during that brief period because my previous two Dals never showed one iota of interest in the tv. So I just had to ask, does your pup like to watch tv? And if so, any particular shows?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sammie watches TV, but only for 2-4 minutes at a time. She isn't fussy on what the program is, but does this probably about 3-4 times a week.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Vito watches tv, but only Animal Planet. He seems to perk up and watch shows with big cats, especially when they are hunting.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
my 2+ y/o is my lst TV watcher -- anything with animal (favorite: bull riding) -- so funny when he saw animal "run off the screen" & looked around TV for it. Antimation (s) is very interesting, too.

makes watching Westminister alotta fun. Be fun to compare what our dogs' favorites were after that event (Bridger seems to like longer furred dogs)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Old Dog Elliot loved Birds...honking geese use to send him into a flutter!

Tailer watches if there are dogs barking.

A Friends Rottie LOVES TV! She will just about knock the TV on the floor if she sees cats of any size on there...and she has 4 kitties of her own! Both Rotties and 4 cats in bed each night...the Rotties like to be covered wiff blankies, but not if the TV's on! Strange/Funny!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank doesn't but my daughter/fiance's golden (Hank's brother) does.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jesse does. He started as a young pup, and never lost interest. Animal planet captures his attention, although he quickly loses interest if the commercials are too long. When he was very young he'd bark at the screen to try and get their attention. He'd get quite irate that his barking didn't get any results. He's also extremely aware of any bird movement in the sky. He'll spot a bird that is quite a distance off and follow it with his eyes until it finally disappears. This is all new to me since my first golden never seemed all that interested in either. He was all about his frisbee and never let that out of his sight. He even slept with one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My puppy loves to watch TV. He isn't picky on the show but anything with animals or a lot of movement will get his attention.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cooper LOVES the Dog Whisperer and Animal Planet. He watched a whole special on Goldens a few weeks ago, it was adorable!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Murphy watches tv. He loves Dog Whisperer. I think for him it draws his attention to hear another dog bark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts