Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Our 5 month old pup is losing teeth left and right. The last day or two, he's been salivating a lot, it's bloody from losing the teeth, he's licking and swallowing a lot, he had a little white foam on his upper lip today, his stool has been not normal and he was up all night last night. It seems like he's in discomfort? I can see a few teeth hanging on by a thread and others popping up so I'm hoping it's part of teething. I read it can make their stools unusual or give them a stomachache. Any advice? ?

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
I am not sure that teething should be causing so much discomfort, but i might be wrong! I have a 5 month old boy as well who is teething at the moment too. there is some blood when he chews certain things, but it's not changing his behaviour or poop and he sleeps fine. No white foam either.. Perhaps others that have experienced what you have will chip in soon.

i'm inclined to think your pup might not be feeling too well maybe because of the upset tummy? has anything changed in his diet or routine recently? could he have eaten something he is not suppose to?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. He lost another tooth last night and they bleed so much!
As a side note, we now believe has a UTI. We go outside and he squats and nothing comes out. He's groaning and it seems in so much discomfort. So that may have been contributing. Vet appt tomorrow. Ughhhh!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Sounds like a visit to the vet is a good idea. I agree that it sounds like more than normal teething. Hope he feels better soon.

Reactions: Treberr

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We think they were two separate issues! He had a GI infection so was put on medication and his stools are pretty much back to normal. He is still squatting to pee way more than normal but the vet tested his urine and it was fine. So we're not sure why he continues to squat/strain to pee and not much comes out. Hoping that goes away with the rest of the medication.

also, he must just be a messy teether 😂 he lost a molar last night and bleeds quite a bit for a few minutes and then he's ok. We've had to take away all his harder toys because they bring back the bleeding! He's definitely in the throws of teething and drools when he loses a tooth. Ohhhh the joys of a growing puppy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts