Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. Fancy Pants and Roo
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dex's adult teeth are coming in quickly! It's like all-of-a-sudden his baby teeth all mutually decided that it was time to go. :yuck: I've noticed that his baby teeth are still there as his adult teeth grow in and then eventually are pushed out. He's lost two teeth today, one was a small front tooth and the second was a big bleedie premolar. He was playing with a toy when it popped out.

He hasn't gotten used to his new, more powerful teeth yet and puts playing rough into a new perspective.

Ice cubes are good to help the little bugger through this? Anything else?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've wet rope toys and dish cloths and popped them in the freezer overnight and then let my dogs chew on them. the coldness of it is longer lasting than ice cubes (which I also used)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Frozen rope toys helped us through this also helped pull out the loose puppy teeth. Yes the puppy teeth sometimes decide to fall out together sometimes. I found a few puppy teeth in his rope toys. Thankfully it is over quickly and the puppy shark times start leaving.

Reactions: Dexter12

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
We soaked tennis balls in water and then popped them in the freezer over night. We also put his kong in the freezer to get cold. Buddy seems to enjoy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts