Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went today to get my Blonde Girl's teeth cleaned.
WoW it only cost me $ 265.85 and thats with NO x-Rays
or NO Extraction.
Thats more then my D.D.S. cost.
But hay a Blonde Girl with nice white teeth.
What more could a Golden owner ask for

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
A lot of that cost is the sedation I bet.

We started brushing our dog's teeth in hopes that it will make the next dental cleaning cheaper and faster.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes a lot of the cost is sedation and meds and one day in recovery area.
Drop her of at 7:00am get her back at 7:00p.m.
We do brush her teeth 3 times a week .
But she likes ice and will chew it if someone gives her some .
With grand kids she gets a lot of it in the summer time.
I am sure that is what chiped her back molar tooth.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Anesthesia, yes. I always wait until Daisy's under for something else and then have it done, way less expensive. And with Daisy lately, we can pretty much bank on there being something else that needs to be done so we can take this approach :p:

Always good to have clean teeth though!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Anesthesia, yes. I always wait until Daisy's under for something else and then have it done, way less expensive. And with Daisy lately, we can pretty much bank on there being something else that needs to be done so we can take this approach :p:

Always good to have clean teeth though!
We always had a bunch of lumps removed when Barkley was sedated--much easier on the vets too because he was a wiggle worm during veterinary exams.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I go to an expensive vet (rated by others) and it costs us $140! Gunner had gum issues and Sasha had to have three teeth pulled due to his bite.

I use Biotene on their gums/teeth. I use the human kind on mine. : )

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
I just dropped out 7 year old Miniature Pinscher off at the vet this morning to get her teeth cleaned. She will not let a toothbrush or finger brush near her mouth. Her teeth are pretty good, just one of the back ones looks like its cracked right up into the gum line, so that will probably be taken out. They told us around $300+ for the visit depending on how many teeth get taken out (im hoping just the one). Wonder what it'd be for a 55 pound dog, yikes! We get to pick up up around 4pm. Poor thing was shaking like a leaf when I dropped her off. Makes me nervous too, since shes a tiny thing (only 8 pounds), and she's 7.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My Girl is 73 pounds
Her cleaning bill was $265.00 no teeth pulling
Tooth pulling would be $ 47.00 a tooth plus the cleaning bill of $ 265.00
Blood work up was $ 135.00 on top of everything .
They wouldnt do the cleaning unless she had a recent Blood work up on file.
Something to do with her having to be put to sleep they wanted to check her Blood work to make sure everything
was O.K. before they would put her under.

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
My Girl is 73 pounds
Her cleaning bill was $265.00 no teeth pulling
Tooth pulling would be $ 47.00 a tooth plus the cleaning bill of $ 265.00
Blood work up was $ 135.00 on top of everything .
They wouldnt do the cleaning unless she had a recent Blood work up on file.
Something to do with her having to be put to sleep they wanted to check her Blood work to make sure everything
was O.K. before they would put her under.
We picked her up yesterday afternoon $360 for the teeth cleaning the pre-op bloodwork alone was $100, which I think is crazy, I don't think it was that much back in April when I got Sadie spayed and had the bloodwork done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I can say to this cleaning stuff is " If you have kids get them into Veterinary school " . They will be MILLIONARS over night.
Cleaning DOGS TEETH is a money making racket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts