Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Teddy has thrown up 3 times. It appears to be his food and little bits of carrot. The last time he threw up there was a lot of white/clear mucus on the top. Do you think that is because his stomach is now empty?

I think his throwing up may have been caused by all the treats he got last night. He had his first in home training session and was giving way more treats than he is used to, not to mention he was bouncing off the walls while getting the treats.

We're going to give him some white rice for dinner to help settle his stomach.

He hasn't thrown up in about 10 minutes and the 3 times he did were all within about 5 minutes of each other.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Poor baby. That may be it. If he vomits anymore though, I'd call the vet. More than a couple times is reason for concern.

Gunner used to vomit bile early in the morning when he was young so I started feeding him just a half cup of food before bed so his stomach wasn't totally empty in the morning.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
What kind of treats? Some of them have a lot of 'junk' in them which might have done it. He might do better with bits of cheese, or boiled chicken breast or beef heart. Poor dude!

Lana

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
It sounds like it probably was the combination of too many treats and too much excitement.
I'm glad he is doing better! Maybe little (really little) bits of boiled chicken breasts might work better fror a treat. I know it is hard to restain yourself though! Been there, done that.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts