Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might have seen, I recently made a thread saying my family and I returned Teddy back to his breeder.

Well, after a week long of thinking, my family and I went to meet the breeder to make up some final decisions.

Then after a bit of talk, my breeder proposed a way we could kee[ Teddy. Our original schedule of keeping him home then my dad coming home for a half an hour potty break then going back.

But the problem was, in any case my dad goes out of state. Teddy would be stuck at home for 8 hours straight! o our breeder, a very nice one; decided to do the following:

IN any case we need help in getting Teddy somewhere in which he'll be taken care of temporarily while we wouldn't normally be able to, she'd be happy to help anytime. he said that in case my dad goes out of state for some time, she'd be happy to take care of Teddy until we pick him up everyday. It might be difficult at first but I know we can manage it.

In case things go extreme my mom could request a work-at-home.

As for Teddy staying home for 4 hours at a time, my mom goes shopping from time to time and he ends up sleeping for 6 hours no peep! :)

tl;dr. My breeder and my family made a compromise to keep Teddy, and he i back with us.

Sorry if you can't really understand me. I wrote this in excitement.

Pics soon when I get the time to put them up! :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glad to hear you and your family were able to work things out. It's great that the breeder offered to watch over Teddy in case your father can't make it home once your mom goes back to work.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Awesome, good for you guys!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
So glad to hear Teddy will be back with you. From reading the past posts it is easy to see how much you love him. There is just something that makes your heart happy when you have a golden. please post more pictures....

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Great news, you fought so hard for your Teddy and you are awarded, you have your boy back. It is wonderful news.

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
Yay! I'm glad you worked things out. Congratulations! It's amazing that your breeder is willing to help out in such a way. I hope you guys are able to return the favor in some way. It's so nice to have a close personal relationship with your breeder. I know I do and I can't imagine it any other way.

·
Registered
639 Posts
What great news! Four hours is not too long at all...just be sure Teddy is getting lots of love and exercise after school/work. You are very lucky to have such a supportive breeder!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yay! I'm glad you worked things out. Congratulations! It's amazing that your breeder is willing to help out in such a way. I hope you guys are able to return the favor in some way. It's so nice to have a close personal relationship with your breeder. I know I do and I can't imagine it any other way.
With that being said, send her a thank you card in a week or two, and let her know again how thankful you re. It's nice to get an unexpected card in the mail once in awhile. She'll be expecting you to call I'm sure, but a card, that would be a nice surprise.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
So Glad

I am so glad that your Breeder is helping you out and you will have your Teddy!!

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
With that being said, send her a thank you card in a week or two, and let her know again how thankful you re. It's nice to get an unexpected card in the mail once in awhile. She'll be expecting you to call I'm sure, but a card, that would be a nice surprise.
That's true. Wow. I hadn't even thought about that myself. I talk to my breeder on an almost daily basis. I will at least send her a Christmas card. Good idea, thanks! :p:

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
That is good news. I'm really glad the whole family and your breeder were involved in finding the solution. Good on you all. Have fun with Teddy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts