Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Christmas present from my sister .. omg .. it is a keychain with a crystal medallion .. embedded in that medallion is etched a picture of my King as an adult in my kitchen with Rowdy as a pup curled up against King's belly between his legs.

King and Rowdy are both looking towards the camera. OMG, it is such a beautiful thing - this is the sister who I needed to kick out of my home because of her daughter - and now this beautiful gift. Perhaps these two wonderful dogs will bring us back to where we were before I had to take that action? Back to the closeness we had while they were alive?

I miss my sister just as I miss both King & Rowdy.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What a lovely gift. Looking forward to seeing a picture.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Our dogs can do miracles! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Gift. May Peace be with You & Your Sister...

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Karen519

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sunrise

Sunrise

It sounds like your Sister wanted to give you something very precious and meaningful.
I think that King and Rowdy will bring you back together!
My Sister, Ronnie, moved to New Jersey about 3 years ago. She comes to Illinois to see me a couple of times a year. I miss her very much and sisters are so precious!!

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
A shame that it will not photograph, but a lovely gesture from your sister - perhaps now is time to make a phone call or contact letter?

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I miss my sister just as I miss both King & Rowdy.[/QUOTE]

TELL HER! None of us has a guarantee of tomorrow so make today the day you tell her how much she means to you. Don't be left with the shoulda's or wish I woulda's. I would bet anything she feels exactly the same and is reaching out to you.

·
Premium Member
18,403 Posts
I miss my sister just as I miss both King & Rowdy.

TELL HER! None of us has a guarantee of tomorrow so make today the day you tell her how much she means to you. Don't be left with the shoulda's or wish I woulda's. I would bet anything she feels exactly the same and is reaching out to you.[/QUOTE]

I second that!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks - I have sent an email to my sister. It has to be an email since her daughter would open a letter or answer the phone.

I hurt my sister pretty badly by telling her I could not tolerate her daughter in my home anymore although I loved having her, her husband, her son and their dogs.

The daughter hurt my dogs in addition to the constant screaming, lying and tantrums - I was starting to avoid going home to my own house and eating outside in the cold & rain/snow (just me & my dogs) so I didn't have to be around her.

But it is an awful thing when your sister (me) so dislikes your daughter that you are kicked out after only 8 months, so I understand how hurt my sister is.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
ONLY 8 months????? The best of relationships would show a strain after that amount of time.... add in a bratty daughter, and I'm really surprised that you could last that long. I love my sister to death but cannot imagine melding our families and living together. We have wonderful times when we're together at one another's home or at a family cabin, but after a week, we're all ready to go home to our own lives. That's the natural way of things. And I'll bet you that your sister knows just how bratty her daughter is.... might hurt to hear it from someone else, but she knows it.....deep down she knows it.

Just be sure that you, as you're starting this relationship anew, set your boundaries....... loving your sis doesn't mean that you are responsible for her life or that they're allowed to infringe upon yours.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I love my sister too, but one of her sons isn't welcome in my house.

I think your sister most likely knows her daughter is a problem. Reach out to her and see if you can heal your realtionship. I'm sure it would mwan a lot to you both.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow - I just went looking for my harnesses and pulled out Rowdy's - it has his name tape from his final hospital stay still on it. He & King must be around.....

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Sounds like a peace offering to me. My sister is all I really have as my dad is 86 and hard to communicate with... My sister is older and took over my mom' estate after our mom died. It put a lot of stress on her ... And she started to remember the last months of my mom's life incorrectly and then take it out in me. I was responsible for sending the death announcements which I made... Hand stamped each one and put my favorite Native American poem in it. My mom had a lot of friends... Anyway, when we were packing up my mom 's house after we sold it last March, my sister let all her anger out on me. I became hysterical as she gave me no credit for anything and I went to my dad's house . My dad's response was that she explodes and she is over it quickly(I might add just like him, which is why he understands it). My point in all of this is that I think it is good to repair the sister bond.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts