Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dixie's Mom
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The golden we had years ago had been trained to do lots of things when we got her including getting her leash when she had to go out. Has anyone here ever taught their dog to do the same? If you have please let me know! Any tips are appreciated!^.^ Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
My mom said Ada actually did this the other day (she watches Ada during the work day). I haven't tried it out with her, but I would guess my mom just says "let's get your leash" and since Ada probably follows her over to the leash she finally connected the word to the object.

I did some quick googling and found this though that sounded like it would probably work:

Dog Training – How To Train Your Dog To Get Her Own Leash | Edie MacKenzie On Dogs

·
Dixie's Mom
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mom said Ada actually did this the other day (she watches Ada during the work day). I haven't tried it out with her, but I would guess my mom just says "let's get your leash" and since Ada probably follows her over to the leash she finally connected the word to the object.

I did some quick googling and found this though that sounded like it would probably work:

Dog Training – How To Train Your Dog To Get Her Own Leash | Edie MacKenzie On Dogs
Thanks for the link, Ada's mom! I'll be sure to try this! ^.^ Thank you! :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts