Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you may know that my parents arent dog-people :( and the things they have put me through by giving Saya away etc etc. for a month things didnt patch up after Saya was gone until they got me Yuki and now we are patching things up.

i cant count the times i have had to sit down and have a talk with them about Yuki and treating him properly. i finally gave up on having a talk with them and came up with a plan to make things better for both my parents and Yuki.

lol...i am making them take puppy class with Yuki and i am being the trainer. :D once they saw Yuki following the commands for treats and petting....things between Yuki and my parents got much better. i am so glad its going well. my parents are finally accepting Yuki into their lives and maybe even their hearts ;) they said Yuki is a really good boy and they will make an exception only and only for him. i never thought i would hear such words.

i am still having trouble with my dad as my dad makes mistakes with the commands and doesnt follow my directions properly :(
my mom is doing better and Yuki seems to be more energetic now than he ever was :D his tail never stops wagging and he is always barking and bouncing around lol. i think he is very happy. i am so happy for him.

·
Registered
93 Posts
lol.....that funny. Hey, why not try reinforcing your dads actions like your pups. Everytime he does good and follows your directions give him a kiss on the cheek and a hug and say good job, you never know.

Mike

Reactions: vjm1639 and Yuki

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol.....that funny. Hey, why not try reinforcing your dads actions like your pups. Everytime he does good and follows your directions give him a kiss on the cheek and a hug and say good job, you never know.

Mike
:--smirk: what you said is lot more funnier lmao. who knows it may work lol

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After months of teaching my mom about taking care of puppy and dealing with his behavior i have only succeeded very little. My dad will not be coming until later this year or prolly next year. I am worried about how he will treat Yuki. I still have kept my fingers crossed. My pup has grown up but there is still the unsettling feeling in my heart.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
So happy

some of you may know that my parents arent dog-people :( and the things they have put me through by giving Saya away etc etc. for a month things didnt patch up after Saya was gone until they got me Yuki and now we are patching things up.

i cant count the times i have had to sit down and have a talk with them about Yuki and treating him properly. i finally gave up on having a talk with them and came up with a plan to make things better for both my parents and Yuki.

lol...i am making them take puppy class with Yuki and i am being the trainer. :D once they saw Yuki following the commands for treats and petting....things between Yuki and my parents got much better. i am so glad its going well. my parents are finally accepting Yuki into their lives and maybe even their hearts ;) they said Yuki is a really good boy and they will make an exception only and only for him. i never thought i would hear such words.

i am still having trouble with my dad as my dad makes mistakes with the commands and doesnt follow my directions properly :(
my mom is doing better and Yuki seems to be more energetic now than he ever was :D his tail never stops wagging and he is always barking and bouncing around lol. i think he is very happy. i am so happy for him.
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, YUKI AND YOUR PARENTS!! This is wonderful!!

Reactions: Yuki

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D thanks Karen. After teaching my mom about goldens she lets Yuki sleep near her feet and also doesnt yell or do anything when he greets her and pats his head. though she made little progress its still a big step for her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts