Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
every moment is a gift
3,127 Posts
I'm so sorry for this news. :( As you said, although it was a possible outcome, it's still a shock and sure to hit you hard. Give yourself room and permission to grieve, but enjoy every moment with Tania. I trust that, due to your proactive decision for Tania and the surgical result of clean margins, you have much more time with your beloved girl. <hugs>

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Tania

Tania's results are in and are notgood.
The mammary mass turned out to be grade 1, cancer.
On the upside side, the blood vessels and tissues around it are clear so we were right to operate and take the all chain out.
Even though, I knew it could be that,it still came out as a blow.
Sorry the news was not the best, but happy like you it wasn't worse!

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I'm sorry I missed this news.
It is always a blow when you find out your family member, whether human or furry, has cancer. In a strange sort of way, this is one time when Tania's age is a plus - most tumors grow so slowly in an older dog compared to puppies. And stage 1 is really encouraging, all things considered.
I hope Tania and you are enjoying all this extra time your decision has bought.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Sorry Tania's results were not what you were hoping. You still made the right decision for her. Love seeing her picture!! She looks great!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Extra belly rubs for Tania please!!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
pixs

Finally, a nice cool swim!.
Of course, the bigger the stick, the better!.1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Tania's results are in and are notgood.
The mammary mass turned out to be grade 1, cancer.
On the upside side, the blood vessels and tissues around it are clear so we were right to operate and take the all chain out.
Even though, I knew it could be that,it still came out as a blow.
Cancer is never good news, but at least it was grade 1. Even better, you got it out before it had spread. Tania is one very lucky girl to have you fighting for her.

Please keep us posted.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts