Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
I'm a new member and have been reading some of the postings on Tanglewood Goldens in NC. I'm the owner of a beautiful two year old Tanglewood boy and would like folks to know that they are top of the line. Our guy (Finn) has a wonderful temperament, is quick to learn, is VERY self-confident and absolutely beautiful. He's an "only child" so he gets more than his share of attention. I really feel that I lucked out when I found Joanne's website a couple of years ago. We had just lost our 12 year old golden to cancer and wasn't sure when to take the plunge and bring a new puppy home. Joanne was wonderful from the start. We had an initial interview and I gave her several references to call. She also kept in touch weekly with updates on the due dates, puppy pictures, etc. When it was time to pick Finn up, we drove 9 hours to her home in NC where she took lots of time to meet with us and go over everything we needed to bring home a healthy, happy puppy. It was a wonderful experience and we LOVE our guy Finn.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome. Can't wait to see pictures of Finn. In the meantime, enjoy it here.......we love to share opinions and chat. Lots of info and FUN!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and Welcome,
Sounds like you have a great dog with Finn. I think there is a person here looking at their dogs to get a puppy from them. He sounds like he is a well loved spoiled pup as he should be.
I hope you like it here and will share pictures and stories with us. We love pictures here especially.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's great to find a place with so many golden lovers and so much info. I'm not good with cameras or computers but I hope to get some help from this end on posting a picture of Finn. I hope Chesneygirl decides to go with Tanglewood - she will not be disappointed.

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures of Finn (I love the name!) :p:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Finn is beautiful!

I didn't have the patience to wait for a Tanglewood dog; and I paid a price for that. All of you who have one are very fortunate. I've had some contacts with Joanne and she's quite a person in the best sense of the word.

If I were ever getting another puppy, I know she'd be the breeder I'd go to.

BTW... I keep trying to email her but even when I use the email on her website, I get a mailer daemon. Anyone know anything about it?

Nancy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chaucer is beautiful too and I assumed he was another Tanglewood dog. Where did he come from? I haven't emailed Joanne in a while. I was telling chesneygirl that we also dealt with one of Joanne's business partners when we were waiting for Finn. Her name is Laurie Flayhart and she lives in Alabama where Joanne used to live. She co-owns Finn's mom, Silk, and according to Joanne's web page, Silk is being bred again. Laurie was great to work with too and we almost had another Silk puppy last year because someone backed out at the last minute. Laurie's email address is on Joanne's web site - I believe under either "current litter info" or "future litter info". I would highly recommend her too. She doesn't like to fly her puppies though if that matters. When Finn was born, Joanne drove to Alabama and picked up the puppies and brought them back to her place. It saved us several hours of driving.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Chaucer is beautiful too and I assumed he was another Tanglewood dog. Where did he come from? I haven't emailed Joanne in a while. I was telling chesneygirl that we also dealt with one of Joanne's business partners when we were waiting for Finn. Her name is Laurie Flayhart and she lives in Alabama where Joanne used to live. She co-owns Finn's mom, Silk, and according to Joanne's web page, Silk is being bred again. Laurie was great to work with too and we almost had another Silk puppy last year because someone backed out at the last minute. Laurie's email address is on Joanne's web site - I believe under either "current litter info" or "future litter info". I would highly recommend her too. She doesn't like to fly her puppies though if that matters. When Finn was born, Joanne drove to Alabama and picked up the puppies and brought them back to her place. It saved us several hours of driving.

Thanks for the compliment. I love him!!!! That being said, he came from a breeder that I would never, ever recommend. I still have no papers on him; and he's almost two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks very much for the compliment. We paid a $1000 for him in May of 2005. I don't know what Joanne charges now but chesneygirl is on a waiting list and may be able to tell you what her fees are. We had to wait about 3 months for him but it seemed to go really quickly. Joanne and Laurie sent weekly updates on Finn's mom during the pregnancy and weekly photos/updates on the puppies after they were born. They are great breeders.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts