Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Oh Megora, You must have caught him his first weekend out - this was his second! I couldn’t be there (too far and day job) and had to trust the handler would get to know him quickly. Lol! I just used that very phrase to describe him, “lot of dog”...yes, yes he is and he needs many jobs to keep him busy! His play drive is higher than any dog I’ve ever had and I could see him trying to get the handler to play in the ring, lol (which was naughty!). I was able to watch this weekend, closer show, and he was so happy in the ring I realized she wasn’t exaggerating - he LOVES it! That’s what I was really hoping to see - I had zero expectations and wanted him to start to learn this game while he’s still somewhat young. So far, so good!

Jojo is adorable and you must be so proud of him! 🙂

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
He kept Nikki on her toes. A lot of puppy stuff. :) But he looked good. Did not look moderate or small to me!
After seeing him in the ring now, I agree! He's within the standard. :wink2:

Thank you all for helping me better understand all of this! :smile2:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
UPDATED - He won his first AKC point out of 12-18 class today!!! WooHoo!!! Baby step, but so cool for my performance boy!

Last weekend I showed him (oh dear) in UKC and he had a Group 1st. Good reminder for me as to why he might need a handler, though. He dunked his entire FACE (water soaked with giant grin) in his water bowl right before we went in for BIS - clown-boy, oh my! (photo from UKC show - thank you Judge Barbara Burns!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
WD x 2 weekend (first points!) show photo:

Thank you, for all of you who took the time to offer encouragement and advice - this is a new game for us and we appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,430 Posts
Congratulations! He's a good looking boy.

UPDATED - He won his first AKC point out of 12-18 class today!!! WooHoo!!! Baby step, but so cool for my performance boy!

Last weekend I showed him (oh dear) in UKC and he had a Group 1st. Good reminder for me as to why he might need a handler, though. He dunked his entire FACE (water soaked with giant grin) in his water bowl right before we went in for BIS - clown-boy, oh my! (photo from UKC show - thank you Judge Barbara Burns!)

WD x 2 weekend (first points!) show photo:

Thank you, for all of you who took the time to offer encouragement and advice - this is a new game for us and we appreciate it!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts