Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Don't forget to make sure he gets along with your dogs before making the decision to bring him home. The shelters are usually open to having you bring your dogs in for a "play date" to suss out any problems before you cross the point of no return. Hope your visit with him goes well!! Keep us updated.

Julie and Jersey

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
yes, go meet him and if you still want him, have him meet your other fur kids before you make any decision about bringing him home.

ask the shelter if they have a foster to adopt program.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Whew, I don't have to worry about Monty. I called the shelter this morning and there are 5 PEOPLE in line for him already. I would say he's going to be OK. :p:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
thats great news! sad for you, but yea for him.
Yeah, it's sort of like when you think you might be pregnant. You don't know whether to be relieved or sad when you are not.
I am really happy with my pack the way it is now. I also would like to give Lily all the attention she needs. I really want to savor her puppyhood. :heartbeat

·
Coopers Mom
1,307 Posts
He is precious! I have always wanted a little dog like that. I love the little terriers with bigger-than-life personalities.
I can attest to the fact that the terriers have bigger than life personalities as my small dog is a chi/fox terrier mix and people always think she is a pure chihuahua. She may LOOK like a chihuahua but her personality is pure terrier and always keeps us on our feet. She can be quite the devil some days :doh:

·
Banned
507 Posts
Welll....he would match my couch....LOL...you guys crack me up!
yes one always has to stay in the color sheam LOL. A Black dog would so throw me over :yuck:. I wouldn't know what to wear anymore, black cloths with light golden or light close with black dog:doh:. I would have to run around like a Zebra:D.
BTW that little guy is way cute and seems to have adetude. In our Subdevition we are only alowed 4 dogs but one can foster:D. I have two my one friend has 5 (2 foster failiors) she is not alowed to foster anymore:doh:. So if you can afored the little dog and still have time for training and individual attention then go for it.
All the best,

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I can attest to the fact that the terriers have bigger than life personalities as my small dog is a chi/fox terrier mix and people always think she is a pure chihuahua. She may LOOK like a chihuahua but her personality is pure terrier and always keeps us on our feet. She can be quite the devil some days :doh:
I've had 2 terrier/somethings in my life. Patches was a little terrier/Papillion, I think. Sweet, sweet girl. And Jackson was Jack Russell terrier/cattle dog. Now HE had a big personality!

I'm so glad to hear that Monty has a new home all lined up.

·
2,472 Posts
you need another pup.
You really really really neeeed anoooother puuuup......

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Well, I've had four rescues - all boys. Couldn't have asked for better friends! I still have two of them and they have me wrapped around their paws!
If you name it, you know you want it..........
glad he has prospects. Otherwise I'd have to find out where you are.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
OMG! I went and saw him in person. He is CUTER than in the photo! I WANTED him soooooo bad. Some butthead already got him. :no:
That's ok, I already have a yorkie with a REALLY big personality. I still think Monty was meant to be mine....<sniff>
I guess I shouldn't get greedy....
These are Pogo as a puppy and as an adult...

Attachments

21 - 40 of 41 Posts