Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I'm sorry to see this. No matter how many times, it is always too hard to go through with this process. I am completely confident you will make the best possible decisions for her.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Update. She had her eye removed today at about 2:00 pm. Doctor called and said everything went fine. We get to pick her up tomorrow morning.

Yesterday the ophthalmologist I took her to said her eye needed to be removed sooner than later. So I drove her to our regular vet hospital. They are a 24x7x365 full service animal hospital. I knew it would be a long wait.
Got there at 5:00 pm. A Vet finally saw us at 10:00 pm. Said she would be operated on in the middle of the night, to go home, and they would notify us after the operation.
Never got a call. So I called them first thing this morning. Surgery was postponed till 10 am this morning. 10 came and went and no call. Postponed till 2:00 pm this afternoon. Long 24 hours.

She should feel better if nothing else. We are concerned how the operation today will affect her chemo, or how the chemo will affect her recovery from the operation. We will found out this week.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Update. She had her eye removed today at about 2:00 pm. Doctor called and said everything went fine. We get to pick her up tomorrow morning.

Yesterday the ophthalmologist I took her to said her eye needed to be removed sooner than later. So I drove her to our regular vet hospital. They are a 24x7x365 full service animal hospital. I knew it would be a long wait.
Got there at 5:00 pm. A Vet finally saw us at 10:00 pm. Said she would be operated on in the middle of the night, to go home, and they would notify us after the operation.
Never got a call. So I called them first thing this morning. Surgery was postponed till 10 am this morning. 10 came and went and no call. Postponed till 2:00 pm this afternoon. Long 24 hours.

She should feel better if nothing else. We are concerned how the operation today will affect her chemo, or how the chemo will affect her recovery from the operation. We will found out this week.
My heart is breaking for all of you. The stress of it all is so much to bear. I hope she will feel better, as you said, and you can now have some special time to spend with her. I wish I had something more to say. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.❤

·
Registered
13,933 Posts
Oh my goodness. What a stressful 24 hours for you. But if she will feel better, then it was worth it. Hopefully it won't affect her chemo. I hope she recovers well from the surgery.

Reactions: Otter

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I missed this thread earlier. I'm so sorry for Sandy's diagnosis. At age 6 it is unbelievable and cruel. Glad she had the eye operation if it will give her some relief. Hopefully her age will work in her favor as she fights this awful disease.

I'm very sorry for what you all are going through. Sending positive and healing thoughts your way.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks all again for the kind words and thoughts.

We got her home yesterday mid day. She is doing well. Looks horrible but not as bad as Friday night. These dogs are so resilient it's amazing. She is not supposed to run, jump, or play for two weeks. Yesterday afternoon they were all outside. She thought it was a good idea to jump up and run down the driveway barking at something. So she feels well enough to bark and chew nylabones. :)

We'll see on Wednesday when we see the doctor about what this will do in regards to her chemo. The doctor had noted in her records to remove the eye if the swelling didn't go down and he was also contacted. So we'll see.

Thanks.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts