I'm sorry to see this. No matter how many times, it is always too hard to go through with this process. I am completely confident you will make the best possible decisions for her.
My heart is breaking for all of you. The stress of it all is so much to bear. I hope she will feel better, as you said, and you can now have some special time to spend with her. I wish I had something more to say. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.❤Update. She had her eye removed today at about 2:00 pm. Doctor called and said everything went fine. We get to pick her up tomorrow morning.
Yesterday the ophthalmologist I took her to said her eye needed to be removed sooner than later. So I drove her to our regular vet hospital. They are a 24x7x365 full service animal hospital. I knew it would be a long wait.
Got there at 5:00 pm. A Vet finally saw us at 10:00 pm. Said she would be operated on in the middle of the night, to go home, and they would notify us after the operation.
Never got a call. So I called them first thing this morning. Surgery was postponed till 10 am this morning. 10 came and went and no call. Postponed till 2:00 pm this afternoon. Long 24 hours.
She should feel better if nothing else. We are concerned how the operation today will affect her chemo, or how the chemo will affect her recovery from the operation. We will found out this week.