Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Love goldens 4 life!!!
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when Riley woke up her face was swollen, not bad just one side, knowing that it is Friday and if we dont see the Vet today we might have to go the weekend. We saw the Vet, of course by that time the swelling was almost gone. He said it was probably a bite and an allergic reaction to it. We had some pills for allergies earlier prescribed by the Vet, so he said to give her a 2 tablets when I get home, well we got home and the swelling was completely gone so I didnt give her a pill. Now tonite after she was sleeping her face is swollen again, So I did give her a pill, what bothers me is that it came back? I thought it would be done, is the poison from the bite still in her system? Does the allergy last all day? Why is it back after she has been sleeping, the blood rushing to it?

Any opinions would help, Do I take her to the Vet again tomorrow?

·
Maryland
2,806 Posts
Just wait and see how she does with the pill. However, didn't he say to give her two?

If thing haven't settled down in the AM or she gets worse...call the Vet. I'd call before I went in, unless it's an emergency.

When Mira got bitten by the Copperhead, we put her on Rimadyl which took the swelling down pretty quickly, but if I'd delay getting her the next dose, it would swell up again. It took about four days for it to go away entirely.

Good thoughts being sent!

·
Love goldens 4 life!!!
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the reply, I worry about her too much! She seems to feel fine and is hungry as always!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts