Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first off want to say that i love my little girl so much, but due to my wife's and I work schedule we cannot provide the attention she deserves. Though she is a happy girl and the biggest sweetheart it still isnt fair. I am looking for someone that has a family and is looking for a family dog to take her. She is almost 15 months old, spayed, microchipped, and has been and inside dog ever since we purchased her at 8 weeks. She loves other dogs and kids, has never showed any signs of aggression towards anything. I wanted to know where would be the best place to find a family for her. I would first have to develop a relationship with that person and get to know them before i would allow our girl to leave. If anyone can help please let me know thanks, Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Have you called the breeder? I would try them first, reputable breeders will take the dog back in case the family can't keep the dog, then they will find them a new home!

Good Luck! I'm sorry you have to let her go....:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The breeder wasnt the best breeder, though she is AKC registered i wouldnt want to take her back to the breeder honestly. I love her too much to do so. I just want a sweet family to love her and give her the attention she deserves. I honestly dont want to let her go but my wife is wanting too. We agreed that if they arent the perfect fit we would keep her.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Awe I totally understand about not wanting to take her back to the breeder, it would be really hard wondering where she would end up, especially if the breeder wasn't that great!

Your pup sounds amazing, I wish I knew someone that was looking!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Olympia,
She is so great, very obedient , doesnt chew, snap, she wants to please and be loved on and though we do when we are home its not enough in my eyes. She is not an overly hyper dog either so that makes it easier to fall in love with her. I dont want to lose her but like stated before it's not fair to her. Well see what happens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rescues's i am not too familar with them, too me it seems like they are a place where the dog has just been dropped off because somebody didnt want the responsiblity period and wouldnt find them a home before giving them up. I am not new to this type of thing sorry if i offended anyone.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I'm sorry that you're finding yourself having to rehome your dog.

I would recommend a rescue. They really screen their applicants far better than an individual could in most instances. They phone their vet, references, visit their home, evaluate their pets, etc. I really think it would be a good alternative, more so that just putting feelers out on craigslist or petfinder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rescue's seem like a really good place but she has been an inside dog and i dont know how she will take being outside in a kennel or Run. It seems really nice on how they place great dogs with great families but things like that worry me. This little girl is just like my child and i feel so sad about looking for another home for her.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Rescue's seem like a really good place but she has been an inside dog and i dont know how she will take being outside in a kennel or Run. It seems really nice on how they place great dogs with great families but things like that worry me. This little girl is just like my child and i feel so sad about looking for another home for her.
I came back to add that she's just beautiful, I'm sure that you'll be able to find an excellent home. You should also contact your vet and see if they have any "golden" people that would be interested. As you can tell by being around this forum, where there is one golden, there are often more!! I would maybe also contact your groomer and see if she has any clients that would be good homes if you have to.

With the rescue that I work with, the dogs can ONLY be inside pets, not kennel animals or outside dogs. Dogs are "fostered" in an indoor home until they are matched with the perfect family. I think that this is really common, just keep that in mind!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
You really need to do some serious research because you completely miss the point of a rescue organization. I volunteer for a rescue as a foster home for goldens that will eventually be adopted. Fosters keep their dogs inside, make them a part of their family, get them veterinary care, behavioral training and work with the rescue to find the best forever home possible. It's the best, most humane way to go if you must surrender your dog.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Keep in mind that if you do end up keeping her, you could put her in doggy daycare a couple times a week! That would be great fun for her, and you pick up a tired pup from those places..... it might just be a solution to the problem that way she is socializing, and having fun a couple times a week, you don't have to feel guilty about the amount of time your spending with her.... you're home on weekends right? So if you took her say Tuesdays & Thursdays she would be a pretty pooped pup the rest of the week!

Just a thought :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First off thanks everyone for the positive feedback, however i did take offense to GGDenny's comments stating that i need to do my research about rescues. Well Denny if you would have read my previous post i stated i dont know much about Rescues's so for you to make that comment was entirely uncalled for and rude. I would appreciate it if you could keep it positive just like everyone else within the post. Thanks

Olympia that is a good idea i will have to check into that, she does get alot of exercise with my other dog who is a Pug but that would be a good option thanks again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No the Pug is not getting rehomed she is a really good dog but is a little brat at times and i dont want to place her in a home that will possibly get rid of her because of her quirks.Pugs dont need the attention a Golden does either they are fine with being by themselves at least thats my experience with them i am far from an expert though.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts