Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a long-time GR owner who has owned other breeds before. I am studying the temperament of the Golden Retriever, and have a created an easy survey to understand how you perceive yours to be. My only purpose is to collect and analyze this data, only to publish both data and results in this forum.

If you are interested, please answer these questions: https://www.surveylegend.com/s/nbr

It would take a few minutes to fill it in, and look forward to your participation. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Luis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One last push...

Thanks to all of those that replied. We have collected about 75 responses so far!

In order to make it quantitatively strong, I was hoping to get at least 100 responses, and so I am bumping up this message to see if I can convince you to participate :)

It will take just a few minutes, very simple questions.

Thanks in advance,
Luis

Hello,

I am a long-time GR owner who has owned other breeds before. I am studying the temperament of the Golden Retriever, and have a created an easy survey to understand how you perceive yours to be. My only purpose is to collect and analyze this data, only to publish both data and results in this forum.

If you are interested, please answer these questions: https://www.surveylegend.com/s/nbr

It would take a few minutes to fill it in, and look forward to your participation. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Luis

·
Registered
800 Posts
That s a great survey. Thank you for taking time to prepare it. I will fill my own Goldie.Would it be useful to fill also for the ones I homed and waiting to be homed. Will the link work each time I fill for another GR

·
Curator of the Coy Zoo
Casey, neutered male, born 12/24/2017, Darby, female, born July, 2021
775 Posts
We answered but since our newest and only is just 3 months, the interaction sections are unanswered. He hasn’t had all his shots so we’ve limited any other dog interactions so far.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Happy to participate. You won’t have a problem with careful readers, but the % graphics and most/least responses are backwards from each other. This might be a problem for some responders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear all,

some time ago I posted a request for you to fill in a short survey, and promised I would share both data and report back when I was done.

Well, I am done! It was a very interesting exercise (done only as a hobby). I ended up surveying all the breeds I have, for perspective, and found the results applicable to (at least) my own observations.

The attached link contains the analysis/report as well as all the links to raw data should you so desire. Thanks much for having helped in this project!

http://www.blando.info/luis/breedtemp/3BreedsTemperamentSurvey.pdf

·
@hudsonriverrunning
26 Posts
Although I found this interesting, it was hard to apply to my dog. Hudson has always been a sweet, sweet boy 85% of the time. Outside of that he can be super nasty. It doesn’t matter if it’s with us, with a known dog or a new dog. It’s typically resource guarding or when he perceives an aggressive attitude from others. But I wouldn’t have described him as an aggressive dog overall if I had taken the survey. Also he reacted really well to training (he’s about 19 months now) so now 95% of the time he’s nasty but that’s it. So just something to keep in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.