Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I noticed my dog food has glucosamine and chondroitin... is that a normal thing for dog food to have? I was reading the adult food package closer because it's what Rem will be eating soon. I was sort of impressed because I didn't realize food carried that

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 21 month old has severe elbow dysplasia. He takes Cosequin, fish oil and cetyl-myrestoleate which is a whole body anti inflammatory and helps boost immune system. He also gets veterinary orthopedic manipulation once a month or so. He is doing fantastic.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get reasonably priced high strength fish oil?

Vet recommended 850-1415mg of EPA daily, we have been buying the fish oil at the grocery store but just recently realized the amount per serving is actually per 2 capsules, so we have been giving her a half dose. So that means she needs to get about 6-7 pills per day (seems like a lot), that means we get a little more than a month out of a $20 250 pill bottle. Do we have any other options?

She is also on other supplements but I think we have those nailed down pretty well, just trying to figure out the fish oil/EPA at this point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys i am thinking about trying Nutramax's joint supplement do you recommend it ? or do you have any recommendations ?

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,776 Posts
My two are currently getting a daily tablet of Dasuquin with MSM, it was recommended by my Vet. My two are both rescues, I adopted them at age 2, one is 6 and the other is 10 now.

I'm giving it to them as a preventative because I knew very little to nothing about their backgrounds or history. I also give them Fish oil tablets and a vitamin E tabet.

If you go to the first page of this thread, Member IowaGold who is a Vet, started this thread and put this info together about Joint supplements.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dog is rescued too i adopt her from a shelter when she was only 3 months old so i dont know any background history too but later when vets take xrays of her hip we saw that she already has a serious hip problem so i really want to try supplements before surgery. Does fish oil and vitamin E are regular ones that humans use that i can find anywhere

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 12 1/2 yr old lab with arthritis. I was using liquid Flexicose for him and a previous dog with great effect. (For people and pets) It is all natural and contains glucosamine, chondroitin,msm, yucca root,etc. But I had to order it online from the U.S. at Flexicose.com and am in Canada. I decided to try something different and looked at all the stuff for people at the drug store. Decided to buy the Life brand of a bottle of tablets that contain 1300 mg msg/chondroitin/msm. I give 2 tabs per day in his raw food along with salmon oil 1000 mg.It really works.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
We would love to help! We will giveaway 5 bottles of Renew Extra-Strength liquid glucosamine for $1 (read about it at Amazon.com : Glucosamine for Dogs with Chondroitin & MSM Liquid Hip & Joint Supplement For Maximum Nutrient Absorption Compared to Chewables ♥ Prevent Poor Joint Health & Renew Older Dogs Aching Joints ♥ 100% Money Back GUARANTEE &#x266) - Please send us an email to [email protected] and we will send you a coupon code for Amazon.com.
Boy has this forum turned into ad central. Spend your 49 bucks a month to be a vendor and spam away. 89% of 5 star reviews on Amazon? How many of those reviews are real and not paid for I wonder.

5 bottles for a dollar eh? I'm not fooled. I do wish you luck in your business however. For all I know your supplement could make a difference for some. Lots of competition for supplements in the old pup arthritis world.

Been there done that, supplements are not magic remedies.

·
3 goldens
11,706 Posts
I have 11 1/2 year old Sophie on Cosequin and have for about 2 weeks and It does seem to be doing what it says. I do think I am going to start our Great Pyrenees, Moose on it ---he is 8, but not showing any signs of arthritis at all.

I give them fish oil caps also, he gets 3 daily, she gets 2. Except on the days I hae them tuna or mackerel. Get no fish oil those days. We joke that her coat has a shine it we almost need sunglass to look at her.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Boy has this forum turned into ad central. Spend your 49 bucks a month to be a vendor and spam away. 89% of 5 star reviews on Amazon? How many of those reviews are real and not paid for I wonder.

5 bottles for a dollar eh? I'm not fooled. I do wish you luck in your business however. For all I know your supplement could make a difference for some. Lots of competition for supplements in the old pup arthritis world.

Been there done that, supplements are not magic remedies.

GoldenCamper, while the way I worded the promotion may confuse you, we are offering one bottle for $1 and we will offer this deal to 5 people. I know it's hard to believe that there are costs involved in running a website (this forum) and they support those costs with advertisers like me but that's just the way it is on every website...

Not sure who was trying to fool you but were happy you didn't get fooled?

Anyway, nobody said supplements are magic remedies but supplements can make a huge difference in a dogs health and well being. This is a supplement we gave to our dogs months before making it available to the public and it works very well.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
GoldenCamper, while the way I worded the promotion may confuse you, we are offering one bottle for $1 and we will offer this deal to 5 people.
Yes your lack of articulateness of English language confused me, thank you for the clarification.

Some had emailed us yesterday for a free bottle of Renew, please private message us on here to get your coupon code. Thank you.
Now it is free?

Not going for it once again but wish you luck.

Where might the source of the ingredients in your product come from exactly? Where is your product made and by whom?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Husband and wife make it in Colorado. Couldn't get the source for the ingredients.
The horse tail ingredient threw me off.
I'll stick with the Grizzly Salmon Oil and the MSM-COS from Walgreens when the time comes.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Husband and wife make it in Colorado. Couldn't get the source for the ingredients.
The horse tail ingredient threw me off.
I'll stick with the Grizzly Salmon Oil.
Horse tail ingredient? I did not bother looking into it as far as you have so can't comment on that.

Perhaps this new vendor can clarify our questions? If you or the vendor could kindly provide a link to ingredients I would like to see it!

101 - 120 of 150 Posts