Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
My dogs best friend
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Election day changed my life. My 7 year old daughter Audrey started having seizures. No family history. No fall or hit head. Just out of the blue. She started having one a day. In 6 days it progressed to her having constant seizures if she is awake and not in a drugged sleep. The doctors have no answers. The body is attacking the brain. All tests are coming back normal or negative. The MRIs that she has had show swelling in the left frontal lobe of the brain. That part controls her right motor abilities (arm/leg) and speech. So, she is unable to talk and gets frustrated. Frustration leads to being upset. Being upset leads to seizures. My sassy & sweet girl is still here. I asked her one night if she loves me and she quickly nodded her head. She is aware of the seizures. She wants them to stop. Me too! We've been in the hospital since November 6th. Her classmates miss her. We miss her.
Thanks for any prayers, thoughts & support.
Jackie

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Jackie, I am so sorry to hear that. Sending tons of prayers for your little Audrey. Will add her name to GRF Prayers list.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am so sorry your little girl has to go through this. My prayers go out to you and your family as well. I know how stressful it is to have a severely ill child. I hope you have her at the best Children's Hospital in your area. They can and do work miracles.

My prayers and thoughts to you and Audrey.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
My 6 year old cousin is going through something similar the past 8 weeks. They can see the area of the brain that it is happening on, but need to run more tests. They tried two different anti-seizure medications, and the second one seems to be working.

I know one of the things they tested for was a parasite.

Prayers going to your daughter, and hoping you get some answers.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
My heart is breaking for you. Prayers and thoughts to you and Audrey. I pray the docs can figure out what is causing the seizures, and treat your baby accordingly. Bless you guys.

Reactions: Golden4Life

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I hope they're able to find out what's going on and give you some answers very, very soon. I'll keep both Audrey and you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs...

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Dear heaven. Those of us who have or had Goldens with seizures know how terribly difficult that is, so I can only imagine the heartache of having a child suddenly stricken.

There may be some consolation in the fact that there are many anti-seizure meds now and many people live a long, very full and generally normal life while taking them.

Holding Audrey and you gently in my thoughts and prayers, with hopes for the happiest possible outcome. Please do keep us posted.

Lucy

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry..... how frightening for all of you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated when you can.

·
Registered
21,180 Posts
I am so sorry. Sending many prayers and good thoughts your way. There is absolutely nothing worse than when your child is gravely ill.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Praying

Praying very hard for your daughter and you.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Nothing worst than seeing yr child,going through hell and not being able to help.
Seizures are tough so they can't always be explained.
For the swelling,was she tested for meningitis?.
(((HUGS & PRAYERS)))

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am so sorry. How scary and frustrating that they are still not sure what is causing this. I hope you get some answers soon and little Audrey feels better.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts