Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
DK them- do know, however, that they have stolen a kennel name- SunDance is in IL and is a kennel name known for decades so from that, I'd guess the person in NV is not involved in the fancy and knowns nothing or no one... so probably not a good bet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DK them- do know, however, that they have stolen a kennel name- SunDance is in IL and is a kennel name known for decades so from that, I'd guess the person in NV is not involved in the fancy and knowns nothing or no one... so probably not a good bet.
Hello! Does anyone have experience with Sundance Golden Retrievers in Nevada?

Thanks!
Yes. I do know them. The owner is my dog's Scent Work trainer, and a National Association of K9 NoseWork Instructor, AKC Scent Work Instructor, Alliance of Therapy Dogs Tester, AKC Canine Good Citizen & AKC Temperament Test Evaluator. The other responder to this question was out of line.

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
Perhaps you might mention to that owner that they are using a kennel name that is a long standing in Goldens- it never fares well when someone steals another's name.

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
Since you closed the PM you sent to replies, I will reply here.
No, the internet is not 'random place where one can remain anonymous' and I have not attempted to be anonymous- it is not opinion that that kennel name was taken decades ago, nor is it opinion that a person who uses a known kennel name (or perhaps worse, does not know how to discern a name is known and uses it out of ignorance) is doing a disservice to the person whose name it is.
Kennel names are personal, and are typically registered with a breed club or AKC or both. I have no kicks with your client- but like so many things, when one begins a business, one should research the name one chooses to be sure it is not someone else's name.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
If health is important to you, they would be a pass. Not a single dog in their program has full and verifiable health certifications that meet the GRCA COE/CHIC standard.

The pedigrees I have been able to find are pretty lack luster for quality (titles) and health testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts