Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
847 Posts
Wow, just wow.. Thank you Dana for taking the time to write that all out for us. I read every word too and digested it all. I still have a hard time comprehending just how much time you spend to have a litter. It is just mind boggling when you think about all the time and stress involved to be a breeder.

· Registered
847 Posts
I would imagine you have 10 rimes as many homes as you do puppies so when are the homes actually picked out? That has to be really tough to do. I know if I was on a list and found out 2 puppies did not make it I would be heartbroken thinking that might have been mine. Just to add that much more stress to being a breeder. 😢

· Registered
847 Posts
Honestly, for us, the harder, more emotional part was losing the two puppies. And wondering if there is something we could have done. Blaming ourselves. Grieving the pups. Working on them and trying to bring them back to life and failing. Burying them on the property. It's absolutely heartbreaking.
Agree, I could not imagine how hard that is to go through. But with your experience and knowledge I am sure there would not have been a different outcome with anyone else. Still heart breaking for sure.

· Registered
847 Posts
For those who are confused, I am Theresa's wife, not her husband. I mention this because someone just wrote to Theresa commenting on this thread, and referred to me as her husband.
I am certain is was a simple mistake, those of us involved in the dog world are very well used it and it is super common to see now a days. I feel like a creeper looking at the puppy cam but I love to see them grow up.. How are they doing?

· Registered
847 Posts
You will always have the negative people that just troll social media just looking to stir the pot. I am sure I can speak for all of us here that we all very much appreciate all you do for the forum and that you take all the time to share with us your experiences. Anyone would be lucky to get a puppy from you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts