Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 9th was Summer's 2nd birthday.. I cannot believe my baby girl is so grown up!

In 2 years she has gone from being
shy --> outgoing
independent --> cuddly
lame and hurting --> thriving and happy

I couldnt ask for more from my dog (except maybe I wish she had good hips).. Don't we all love our 2 year olds?

Here are some pictures from her birthday! :)
P.S. we didnt get her any new toys this year. She got some for christmas. That doggy is her favourite and its over a year old :)

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Wow, how time flies! Happy birthday, Summer! You are very lucky to have such great doggie parents!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Happy Birthday sweet Summer!! Summer is such a beautiful young lady! I love her cake! What did you make the cake from. I see the hard boiled eggs, but what other goodies are in her cake?

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
happybirthday Summer...hugs and kisses from me and yuki.

seems like she had a blast.

PS: you should have got her one toy!! :p: poor baby...she only got cake.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy Birthday sweet Summer!! Summer is such a beautiful young lady! I love her cake! What did you make the cake from. I see the hard boiled eggs, but what other goodies are in her cake?
The cake is actually one ginormous hamburger :) it's 500grams of minced beef, 2 teaspoons of corn flour and 1 egg.. Fried in a pancake sized pan for about 7 minutes on each side or until cooked and browned.. The toppings are boiled quails eggs (from our dinner the night before).. Summer and Mackie (our foster) finished the lot!

P.S. You can see Mackie behind us in the 2nd picture.. She doesnt get the picture taking.. She was just prowling around waiting to chomp the cake!

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Happy birthday sweet, beautiful girl. I loved seeing all the pictures.:smooch:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Happy birthday Summer! I wish you many more.

Oh my, that puppy is the same one that Lillie had, it was her baby. She didn't know how to play, we got her when she was 4, but she loved that stuffed pup.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Happy Birthday Summer!

What a great cake. I bet she loved having some of it. I don't think Summer missed getting a new toy. I think that the time you spend with her actively engaging her is the best present ever and it is a never ending present. :)

With you as Summer's mom I don't think she will ever be lacking in anything.

I know since fall you haven't posted as much due to school etc but I just want to say I miss your posts. Hope all is well in your world.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Summer

Summer

Happy Birthday-you are one BEAUTIFUL TWO YEAR OLD!!

Your Family sure loves you!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts