Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Beau's Mom
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We noticed this on Beau's lower lip yesterday. It does not seem to bother him. It is not a hard lump, but is slightly puffy. Any ideas what it might be? My husband wants me to take him to the vet tomorrow, but I thought watching it for a few days would be ok. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
My pug rubs his jaw and face on the rug and it sometimes leaves a sore similar to the one in your picture. I use OxyDex gel on it and by the next day it is almost gone! I think the rubbing injures the skin and bacteria gets in there.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Could there also be some evidence of it on his top lip right where his whiskers start and before the dark part by his nose?

I agree it might just be a little skin infection he's rubbed at. Good luck with the vet!

·
Beau's Mom
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could there also be some evidence of it on his top lip right where his whiskers start and before the dark part by his nose?

I agree it might just be a little skin infection he's rubbed at. Good luck with the vet!

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. It could be, but not as red. We have an appt at 5:30 tonight so we will see. Someone said it could be a wart or a mosquito bite. :confused: I have no idea. We'll see what the vet says.

PS sorry the pictures came out so huge! Dont know what I did......

·
16,000 Posts
It coulb be moist dermatitis, the beginning of a hot spot, or, staph or yeast, or puppy acne.. I'd say take him to the vet for an accurate diagnosis to determine proper treatment, as different protocols are called for for each.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I am looking forward to an update and hope it's nothing to worry much about! Keep us posted.

ROTFL.. me too!!!! I won't even mention how much I blame my husband for the fish hook experience - LOL
:uhoh:Oh.. did I just type that out loud:uhoh:

:D

Tiffany
Don't worry Tiff.. you're secret's safe with "us girls" !!!!! LOL

·
Registered
142 Posts
Last year I took bam to the vet for a lump on her face.......Turns out it was a zit and the vet gave me zit cream.....

Better safe than sorry!

Hopefully it is something simple like that.

·
Beau's Mom
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last year I took bam to the vet for a lump on her face.......Turns out it was a zit and the vet gave me zit cream.....

Better safe than sorry!

Hopefully it is something simple like that.

I hope so!!:crossfing Poor guys only 18 weeks old. At least it doesn't seem to bug him.

·
Beau's Mom
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We just got back from the vet and she thinks it is either a scrape that might be infected or a bug bite. She wants him on antibiotics as a precaution and I am suppposed to call her next Wednesday and let her know if it spreads or looks any worse/better. If it doesn't go away she will scrape it to see if it could be ringworm or mites. She really didn't think it was either of those though. She thought he is young for it to be dermatitis, but that is possible. She didn't want to try a topical ointment because he will obviously lick it off. Hopefully it will go away soon. Thank you so much to everyone for your input.!!! :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts