Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Boy names

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be bringing home my new golden puppy in 2 days and am still undecided on a name. I like grizzly, chevy, and mufasa so far but does anyone else have another suggestions? Theres a picture of him in my album. Thanks

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
One of these days I am going to have a Luke. I do like Legend. I've known dogs and bitches with Legend as a name.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I like Chevy from your list....it's cute!!!

I have about 20 names on my list for our next puppy......no idea which one it will be.

·
Registered
253 Posts
To me, Chevy brings to mind a car, which is OK if that's what you're going for, or Chevy Chase. Grizzly is kinda cute/silly. Mufasa is a mouth full.

Any other possibilities?

·
Stephanie
291 Posts
I like Chevy....It's cute, easy to say, and doesn't sound like an obedience command :)

Reactions: spruce

·
Registered
523 Posts
I like Chevy too. If we got a boy, we were going to name him Maximus. But instead we got our precious Sadie.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I like naming my pups when I see them so I can match the name to the personality as I learn about them in the first few days.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I like short easy call names for dogs. Know as babes, it can be odd, but like seeing a full grown male named "Bob" or Bud, Joe, Jake, Sid, Capt'n. Something about the mental picture of a Man and his dog thing I guess! Don't like names that make me think to remember or many syllable names, cause I usually shorten them or call them something totally different, so shorter and simple for me.

You might think of things you like to do and put a name that reminds you of this, like Laker, Lure, Camper, Hunter, Trucker, Gambler, Cowboy. Man who runs with his greyhound called him Miler! If you read, call him Reader!

The fun of call names is that it is Your Choice! We always look at pup for a few days and the call name seems to come. Good Luck and have a lot of fun with this!

·
Pup-rearing Newbie
99 Posts
I love the name Grizzly. It reminds me of my golden growing up. His name was Buddy but he was a totally cuddler and I would joke that he was big ol teddy bear. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
We choose our dogs name from family members like charlie, eddie, casey, foster all family related. And boston because we love the city so all of our names have meaning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts