Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so at a loss. Cooper has suddenly decided going to the bathroom in the house is a good idea. I take him out, he goes. and just a little while after comming back in he crapped on the carpet. He has done this twice now.

What do i need to do with him to break him of this?

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
could he have a UTI??

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I would get him checked by your vet to rule out any possible medical causes.

Also, are you bringing him in RIGHT after he goes? It could just be that he wasn't done yet. He may just need a bit more time outside before coming in to be sure that he's totally done going.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
I would think going back to square one with the crate and taking him out every hour or so. Maybe he is having an off couple of days and won't do it again?

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put him i his crate after both incidents. He knows he messed up. Im going to take him out WAY more often and keep him outside longer. I wonder if its just a case of him not getting "done". He dosent do it in the basement where we live. He does it upstairs, on the carpet

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Make sure you clean the rug up with Nature's Miracle. Sometimes if the smell is their from a previous accident, you won't be able to break puppy from that spot.

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i talked to my folks. Apprently he was trying to tell them he needed to go out. And they didnt get it. He usually comes and gets me when he needs to potty but he didnt this time.

Ah well. Atleast he peed on there floor and not mine :). For only being home for 2 weeks hes doing amazingly well considering all hes been through

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Anytime a dog that is housebroken is suddenly pottying indoors I think a trip to the vet is usually in order. In this case though, sounds like your parents just weren't as diligent to watch him for need to go potty signs, so hopefully it's nothing major. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts