Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks ago, our golden seemed to have a sudden change of personality. She wants to be outdoors almost all of the time and when she is in the house wants to crawl on the furniture and the people. She always used to go into her crate at night willingly and settle right down, but now she protests and resists. The only thing I can think of that changed in our household around that time was getting a new water softener, but I can't see how that would be related. She is 2 1/2 years old and was fixed when she was a puppy. Any thoughts?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Piper B

Piper B

I would take her to the vet or at least call the vet, and explain exactly what has happened. It's possible she isn't feeling well.

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Hi
My experience is when there is a major change then something is going on, now don't freak out thats not always the case. My biggest concern is when they stop sleeping or napping where they normally nap or sleep. I would keep a eye on him. Is he still eating and drinking the same amount? If that has changed as well get him to the vet. All four of my Goldens have always as a rule slept or napped in the same general area all the time I have had them.

Good Luck Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts