Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
I do not. I would give the vet a call.. My only experience with eyes, is when Denver had a clogged tear duct as a puppy. Our regular vet told us that for all eye stuff he refers to an ophthalmologist. They know best.

·
the party's crashing us
4,188 Posts
Looks like a cyst. Probably not a big deal but if you don't already get your dog's eyes checked once a year by an ophthalmologist, now is the time to start.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My Honeybear developed a spot just like that in her eye. We had to take her to a vet opthamologist. I can't remember now what it was called, it was so long ago. Whatever it was, it was of no concern. They didn't treat it and it was never a problem. There was something else it could have been that would have been bad so I would definitely have it checked by an ophthalmologist, just try not to worry too much now.

·
Puddles
3,498 Posts
I agree with everyone and wouldn't hit panic but don't waste your money going to your regular vet. I had 3 different vets tell me my pups eye were fine... for us it was obvious she had a site issue and the left eye drained for the 1st 4 months. We finally went to the optometrist and it turned out my girl had all sorts of issues.
FWIW I have to drive 3.5 hrs to get to the eye clinic (in another state no less) so no this may not be the most convenient but certainly can save you in the long run and sorry I didn't do it sooner. We make this trip every year but so worth the trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We just saw the vet who confirmed it’s an iris cyst. He didn’t recommend seeing the opthamologist specifically for this as an emergency visit but we got a recommendation and have an appointment for a yearly visit. Thanks everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts