Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, still no gender! I think it has to be a girl...what self-respecting boy would keep his legs glued together through two ultrasounds?

Every thing else looks great. The brain appeared normal, the spine looked good, there's a 4 chamber heart (although we didn't see the aorta and the septum between the chambers due to positioning), a stomach, 2 kidneys, and a bladder. Got the results of the blood test from last time checking for spina bifida and it was negative. My blood pressure was good and my weight is still in my pre-pregnancy "normal for me" range (which is really good, because in reality, I *am* fat). So so far, so good. Next appointment is in a month but we won't get another ultrasound then. Not sure if or when we'll get another look. Maybe we'll get to be surprised after all!!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
April 13 (FRIDAY the 13th!). So I just say April as I probably have a 95% chance it will happen sometime between 38 weeks and 42 weeks. I doubt they would let me go beyond 42 weeks which would put me in May. DH is hoping I go a bit early as he thinks he's going to a bowling tournament in late April in Louisana if the baby has already come!

I had to move all over the table for this appointment (I've only ever just laid on my back). This time I started on my back, then to my left side, then my right side, then back to my back but with the table tilted so I was practically on my head, THEN had to lay on my right side with the table tilted. I thought I was going to slide of the table and did drop my keys and cell phone out of my pocket!

DH and I are looking into doing a private 3D/4D ultrasound. They're a little pricy, but we'll get some money for Christmas. They recommend after 24 weeks at the earliest, 26-28 weeks is better, so we have a little time yet (I'm 22 weeks tomorrow). I might wait until our next appointment on 1/5 to see when/if we are going to get another ultrasound at the doctor's.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I knew I was having a girl the first time because I had a dream that I had delivered a small litter of pink puppies a couple days before I realized I was pregnant.

I wish I could remember how many puppies gave birth to, because I have now three girls! :doh:

What are your dreams telling you?

As far as due dates - I went into labor on my due date, but delivered early the next morning, one was 3 days early, and the other we had a hard time figuring the due dates - the due date from the last ultrasound, she was 5 days early.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I breezed thru my pregnancy with my daughter. A whole nuther story with my son...sick as a dog everyday the whole 9 months. I would have loved it if I had :yuck: but no such luck. And even with being too sick to eat, I gained 40 + pounds. And they say once you hold your baby, you'll forget. Ha! He turned 40 this year...have not forgotten!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yeah, I'd say girl...they give you trouble at ultrasounds.

When I had my amnio with my daughter, they put the procedure on a big screen so you can watch if you want to. If anyone here has had one you know that it's not the most comfortable thing to have this huge needle put into your pregnant belly.

Caitlyn was moving all over and the doctor had a difficult time getting the needle in the right area so he didn't poke her with it. After what seemed like days, he finally got the needle in a good spot. Well, Caitlyn didn't think so, and right when he started to draw some fluid out, she popped her butt up and he had to yank the needle out quickly so he didn't stick her with it.

So, he had to try again. What fun...:yuck: So he went in again and she was not having it, so he was only able to get a small amount of fluid. It was enough, though, thank God.

Then, when she born, she hit the doctor square in the face with her fist as he held her up to show her to me right after delivering her. I remember him saying , "Whoa, did you see that?! She really connected!" to everyone in the room. I guess it was a first. She was immediately dubbed "K.O. Caitlyn" by my sister.

So yeah, I'll bet it's a girl. ;)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew I was having a girl the first time because I had a dream that I had delivered a small litter of pink puppies a couple days before I realized I was pregnant.

I wish I could remember how many puppies gave birth to, because I have now three girls! :doh:

What are your dreams telling you?

As far as due dates - I went into labor on my due date, but delivered early the next morning, one was 3 days early, and the other we had a hard time figuring the due dates - the due date from the last ultrasound, she was 5 days early.
Well, the last dream it was a dachshund puppy...

I've actually not dreamed the gender much-maybe one of each? I know I had a dream that DH wanted to name the baby Daisy!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
April 13 (FRIDAY the 13th!). So I just say April as I probably have a 95% chance it will happen sometime between 38 weeks and 42 weeks. I doubt they would let me go beyond 42 weeks which would put me in May. DH is hoping I go a bit early as he thinks he's going to a bowling tournament in late April in Louisana if the baby has already come!
I think you should tell your DH that since you're going to be squeezing a baby bigger than bowling ball out of your body, that he can miss one tournament...! :)

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,666 Posts
Well, still no gender! I think it has to be a girl...what self-respecting boy would keep his legs glued together through two ultrasounds?

Every thing else looks great. The brain appeared normal, the spine looked good, there's a 4 chamber heart (although we didn't see the aorta and the septum between the chambers due to positioning), a stomach, 2 kidneys, and a bladder. Got the results of the blood test from last time checking for spina bifida and it was negative. My blood pressure was good and my weight is still in my pre-pregnancy "normal for me" range (which is really good, because in reality, I *am* fat). So so far, so good. Next appointment is in a month but we won't get another ultrasound then. Not sure if or when we'll get another look. Maybe we'll get to be surprised after all!!
That's hilarious, I have to agree with you on that, if it was a boy, I think he would be strutting his stuff most likely, ya know how those boys are.....

Good to hear everything with the little one looks great and your bloodwork is normal. Here's to a healthy little bundle of joy, April will be here before you know it.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Well if pink puppies produced a girl, then wonder if a dach. means a 7 ft. hairy backetball player??

Congratulations Sarah - how very exciting.

Back when I had the girls we didn't even find out until your second missed period, so you "guessed" for date. They have come so far now. I got to see the ultrasound of my grandson, but since we only have girls, all of us including my daughter (nurse) couldn't believe he had a dangling thingy...we thought it was his unbilical cord!! Haaaa! Can't wait for Mitch to get old enough to tell him that story.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Surprises are nice. I am of the age before ultra sound, so it was always a surprise.
And I think Penny'sMom and I have the same life. My first born, daughter, was a breeze despite being breech. Now I was sick and in bed for 7 months with my second, son, threw up the whole time, blood pressure out of sight, and he had the audacity to be one month late and 3 days of labor. Oh, and as to the birth date I choose April 15, Jaro's birthday, and, of course, tax day.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I'm gonna guess a girl!!

Back in the day before there was good technology, the Drs kept telling my mom I was a boy... they were surprised when I came out missing some parts :lol:

Maybe you should try one more ultrasound... stubborn baby... lol

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
so glad to hear that everything looks good!
If it's a boy, your belly button will start to poke out ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts