Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! This is Gus, he’s almost three years old. I just found this small firm lump on the back of one of his front legs. Any ideas on what this could be? I’ll definitely take him to the vet if needed.

·
Super Moderator
2,400 Posts
It looks to me like a sabaceous cyst, which are pretty common. I’d probably try to clean that area, use some warm compress to open up the clogged pore, and apply some silver gel Or antiseptic. Might take awhile for it to go away.

·
Super Moderator
2,197 Posts
Hi guys! This is Gus, he’s almost three years old. I just found this small firm lump on the back of one of his front legs. Any ideas on what this could be? I’ll definitely take him to the vet if needed. View attachment 884512 View attachment 884513
Felix has that exact same sort of lump on his elbow. I’m treating it like I would a hot spot and whether or not it’s actually doing anything, the lump is going away with time lol.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
As someone who just dealt with a very small, pea sized lump which I thought would be nothing but which turned out to be soft tissue sarcoma... my advice will always be to get every unusual growth checked, just to be safe. I am not saying that to make you panic, but it is sometimes so hard to know without the proper examination.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Felix has that exact same sort of lump on his elbow. I’m treating it like I would a hot spot and whether or not it’s actually doing anything, the lump is going away with time lol.
Gus’s lump is also really close to his elbow. He might have just hit it on something. The dark purple color is making me think it’s full of blood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts