Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hilarious thing in The Onion

An op-ed by Gerald the Golden Retriever. Just this morning, Tessie was about to reference Marshall McLuhan, but she was too busy eating her own poop.

A brief excerpt and a link to the full text below.
As David Hume once said, "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." And the evidence on my end is clear: I'm a f*@$ing dog. The smartest I'm ever going to get is barking at the front door when I have to go to the bathroom, so stop imbuing me with eloquence and pith!
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/stop_anthropomorphizing_me

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
Moxie is human, I think everyone knows it. She's too cool to chase a ball or socialize with lesser canine beings ;). My little snob.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Well, I feel sorry for Gerald. He obviously has a very low opinion of himself brought about by being with humans who do not understand the value of telling him (in complete sentences) how smart, wonderfull, funny, charming, intelligent he is: and on a daily, if not multiple times daily, basis.

I think it's sad. :--sad:

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Fergus and Lily both read the article and said they think Gerald is clearly suffering from low self-esteem likely stemming from his being denied admission to Harvard to study media criticism. As to his lack of complex emotions, Fergus suggested Gerald schedule an appointment with dog psychologist to work through that.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fergus and Lily both read the article and said they think Gerald is clearly suffering from low self-esteem likely stemming from his being denied admission to Harvard to study media criticism. As to his lack of complex emotions, Fergus suggested Gerald schedule an appointment with dog psychologist to work through that.
Or maybe his tummy hurts from eating too much poop.

allen

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
it's really too bad they don't have a section for comments, i think those two would be perfect!

·
Opus and Tasha
3,988 Posts
Bob-N-Tash were shocked to get this news. But then I explained that not all dogs are as intelligent as golden retrievers. They pondered that thought for a minute and based on some of the dogs they have met at the dog park considered that in some instances it may be true. Then bob pointed out that Gerald is a golden retriever.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Bob-N-Tash were shocked to get this news. But then I explained that not all dogs are as intelligent as golden retrievers. They pondered that thought for a minute and based on some of the dogs they have met at the dog park considered that in some instances it may be true. Then bob pointed out that Gerald is a golden retriever.
Maybe he was wearing a disguise. Instead of a wolf in sheep's clothing, this could very well be a case of a devious cat in golden's clothing!

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
Duke thinks Gerald shouldn't "speak" for all golden retrievers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts