Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone it’s me the nervous wreck again! Tommy (8 years old) has always seemed to have stomach issues. He will have diarrhea and we will put him on a bland diet for a few days and he will be back to new unless we by accident feed him like a slice of salami before he is fully back to normal. We never really know what sets it off as it’s mostly random. But both my parents don’t seemed to concerned. I just Wanted to ask if any other golden parents experienced a golden with a very sensitive stomach. I also Forgot to mention he is a very picky eater, so we use potted meat and corned beef with his dry food to spice things up a bit. Has worked for years and always seems to do the trick. We will sometimes add chicken or some turkey if he is more picky on a particular day. For bland died it’s rice with some boiled chicken 3 times a day in smaller portions then what he normally eats 2 times a day. So again has any other golden parents experienced something like this? Is this something I should Speak up to the vet about this upcoming Friday at his check up? It happens maybe one every 4 months for 2 weeks off an on. So I’m just curious! Thanks! Also my Tommy is a “mini golden” he’s 82% golden 12% cocker spaniel and 6% poodle. He’s about 50-55 pounds and sheds much less!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,837 Posts
I wouldn't add anything to his kibble.
The "extras" (potted meat, corned beef) you're adding to entice him to eat could be causing him to have an upset stomach.

I definitely would speak to your Vet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't add anything to his kibble.
The "extras" (potted meat, corned beef) you're adding to entice him to eat could be causing him to have an upset stomach.

I definitely would speak to your Vet.
We have been adding this to his food since he was a baby, he actually has been eating the cat food, which we found out this morning, that’s why he’s had this round of diarrhea!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts