Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Stinky feet

4K views 35 replies 28 participants last post by  Ninde'Gold 
#1 ·
OMG- He has feet that smell like Frito corn chips---- :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

What do we do?

#2 ·
That's pretty normal, actually. Some people claim it's related to corn in the diet, though that sounds like mad science to me.

All the Goldens I've ever had have had at least some odor of corn chips if you really smell their feet. One of life's great mysteries, I get.

#5 ·
My dogs' feet smell like that as well.........I love it!!!!! Is that abnormal????

#9 ·
My dogs' feet smell like that as well.........I love it!!!!! Is that abnormal????
I must be crazy too then cause I love it! LOL

#23 ·
#18 ·
Ok - so I had to go and smell their feet. Talk about getting a strange look. :uhoh:

Neither one smell like fritos, they do smell like dirt. Plain ole' back yard dirt. :yuck:

Some one once told me that dog feet smelled like popcorn... :confused:

#19 ·
I've never been able to put a name to what my boy's feet smell like until now!!!!
Thank you! They do smell like Fritos :)
I too love it!!
And Timber loves it when I grab him and tell him he has stinky feet :)

#24 ·
ok smelled the paws.

Noah - Frito free

Scout :):):):):)
Has a hint of frito - maybe frito lite.

I mentioned this to my husband and he thought I was nuts :bowl::bowl: yup a few hours later I'm smelling Scouts feet and he says "Noahs don't smell like anything." So yes I'm nuts yet your smelling the feet. :):)

#31 ·
OMG! I love this thread! :D Too funny!

I always called Mister "Frito Paws". I don't remember him NOT smelling like Fritos. :p: Oddly enough, I never noticed the smell on Zoe until after Mister died and now her paws smell very strongly "Fritoey". (It's almost like he's haunting me! :uhoh:) I love it! :D

I never knew other goldens smelled this way too until now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.