Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I love it! It's always so nice to see the older gold having a wonderful time and getting around so well!
Care to share some tips on how you keep your girl so active, healthy and happy?

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
How wonderful that Hayley is still going strong. I love the old gold faces. They just look so very, very sweet.

Hayley is gorgeous. Give her a hug for me too.;)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
How truly remarkable Haley is! Treasure every moment and do not take any of them for granted. I wish there was somewhere I could take my old girl swimming that did not require a climb to get in or out of the water.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hayley looks like she could be my Buddy's sister. He is also 13 and a half and still going strong. Lives in the pool in the summer.
Bonnie&Buddy

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Way to go Hayley! I hope my Cocasse lives this long and beyond in good health and happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the wonderful comments. I think the biggest thing has been swimming her as often as possible. I've probably averaged about 5x per week for the last couple years. I have a couple spots within a 10 minute drive and I can limit the trip to 1 hour which is great.. Both areas have great access points and multiple lakes/ponds. Also, I "try" to keep her weight in check. She's a tad heavy right now at 74 lbs. I have a 18 mo who is a tad below weight so I'm always feeding him. She always gets something. The swimming is as much mental as physical that is for sure.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
so heartwarming! I love the golden oldies!
I have a very spry 14 year old golden being boarded here at the pet hotel right now. He doesn't act a day over 10 !

·
Registered
401 Posts
Goldens are awesome no matter what the age. Thank you for showing us that they can live at great long life!

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Hayley - you go girl! Duke is 8 1/2 and battling (and winning) the fight against lymphoma. He is also an avid swimmer. I am looking forward to when he is 13 and still going strong.

Thank you for sharing - she is beautiful

1 - 20 of 24 Posts