Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the husband's side.
It's been about 8 months since i had to put my retriever, Dozer, to sleep due to Hip Dysplasia.. at 9 months old. Even now in Afghanistan I am still shattered and broken by the whole situation. I lost more than a loyal best friend, I lost my son. He made me appreciate what a dog can do for a person and a family not just bring them together, but teach a rather cold loner person like me to open up to ideas, whether they are followed by happiness or tragedy. I will soon be looking for a new member to the family, and try my best not to let inexperience of specific breed problems hurt my family, or any member ever again. I have done my research, and this time, i believe i can do things right, and be a better father to my next retriever. I know its not my fault Dozer had the dysplasia, but it is my fault that i did not catch it in time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Gosh, I am so sorry. It is not your fault; nobody expect such a young pup to be so quickly affected by this condition; you could not know.

Even though you went and are going through heartache and soul searching I am glad for both Dozier and yourself you had those times together.You gave him happy times, you brought him for treatment when you realized something was wrong and you gave him the gift of being pain free forever when his condition deteriorated suddenly. He gave you love and another way to look at life. It hurts, it hurts badly but I hope that little by little you can find comfort in the thought that you did well by him, in the memories you made with him.

I don't know what else to say.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
You have know idea how often I think about your Dozer, every time I see my little Charlie runs and slips on the snow my heart beats hard, I remember him. Dozer's live was short but look how much he taught you like my Buddy taught me, their time on earth had a purpose and their mission is accomplished. Keep safe there and wish you happy return to your family soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts