Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Thank you for posting this link. I downloaded the pdf to my computer and plan to digest it more in the coming days.

Do you know when this was published? I cannot seem to find the date anywhere in the article.

Also, does anyone know of any current programs where owners can submit blood or DNA samples of their healthy Goldens for research purposes? If so I would like to send Toby's in for the cause.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darn- it was an excellent article by Rhonda Hovan. Perhaps because it is a PDF? Let me see if I can do it another way. BTW- GRF funds cancer research?

GRF- Golden Retriever Foundation...hmmm ...yeah, that is what I thought it was. :)

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Darn- it was an excellent article by Rhonda Hovan. Perhaps because it is a PDF? Let me see if I can do it another way. BTW- GRF funds cancer research?
I think if you click on the paper clip above you can upload it directly from your computer and get it to work. If not, I'll be happy to give it a try!

·
Registered
582 Posts
That second link worked for me too. An extremely important and informative article and I'm very pleased I got to read it before my pup comes home re the slow growth. A breeder also talked to me about this.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
great information, thanks for posting it! The more informed we are, the better the chances our own dogs will be diagnosed earlier if they are stricken with cancer, and the better their chances of beating it.
Keep the information coming! You just can't learn too much.
One of the ways in which research is also funded is thru Purina's pet partners program. Breeders, kennels, etc. who feed any Purina products can submit the weight circles from the bag to Purina. For every $100 we submit, they donate $10 to canine research. Of that, half goes to the AKC health foundation fund, and the other half goes to your breed club if you've specified one for their health research projects. I think they donated something like 50K to Golden Retriever Foundation last year through this program.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Then I get extra money I will get all of my pups blood drawn and shipped for their DNA to be added to the Dog Genome Project.

Also we are having our Tennis Ball Bonanza this weekend. I will see about doing a flyer up and putting it up to have it out there for all the golden owners done. The more the merrier

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts