Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that get to be home with your pups all day...what do u do during the day? Do your puppies sleep a lot or want to play a lot. I am home with Koda today and looking for ideas of things to do. We plan on lots of play outside, walks, and indoor play time but wanted to see what you guys do!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I actually work from a home office, but I notice Maya naps for a few hours in the morning, as well as a few hours in the afternoon. At lunch time, she has snacks in one of her puzzle balls, we play and weather permitting, take a walk. Sometime I leave her out of her crate for either the morning or the afternoon time period, because I can usually hear if she is getting into anything from my second floor office. Sometimes (like now), it is awfully quiet, and I will go downstairs and find her snoozing in the chair by the window!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I have been home but now working pt. They wake me at 7 am have breakfast and then we snuggle for awhile. Kirby will be in and out several times, wrestle with Darby and eventually they will both settle down for their nap. I either clean, work from home or go to lottery. About 3 we go out to play and then they have down time/nap before dinner. Oh and about 11 am we go out for the "great poop hunt"!! :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well I work from home. Hubby takes him out at 7 to potty and I usually wake up at 10. I take him out to potty and usually if the weather is good we go for a morning walk or to the dog park. He'll have an afternoon nap and he's usually just chewing on a toy or something in the afternoon. We also will have a little afternoon playtime/training time. It's better than when he was younger. He needed CONSTANT attention and I only got work done when he was in his crate napping!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I start with a trip to the dog park to wear him out... :D

Then we head home and I do whatever I need to do during the day, usually lots of time on the computer. He hangs out with me in the dining room (where computer is).

At lunch time if I'm good, I take Tess (toy spaniel) for a walk (can't walk both yet). Tucker goes into crate while I'm out.

I try to play with him off an don during the day...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts