Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He really didn't hold still, even doped up, so these aren't great. Anyone have any comments or anything? I'm just curious for your opinions, breeders and others who know how to read X rays. Thanks!

Attachments

·
16,000 Posts
Not great positioning. On his right hip (left as looking at the rad) the femoral head is somewhat flattened, and not as deeply seated into the acetabulum as his left, which is a bit less flat.
I'd guess that he might get a fair if submitted at this point.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I definitely think the first picture is better, better position. Appreciate the info. He's neutered, and he has no issues at all, but I did it for peace of mind.

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Yeah, positioning is not very good at all. Are you going to send them in?? it would interesting to know the final verdict... and what we think. I would go borderline maybe a fair.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, they're not good enough to send in, right?

If you think I could, though, I can. Check out Holidays. Hers are good enough to send in. I will let you all know the results :)

It cost me about $100 including light sedation for Starlite. Holiday was about the same, no sedation, she was perfect. She got two though, knee as well, because she was chewing the knee, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't hurting.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I think if you tried to look at them as if he is positioned correctly, he may actually be okay. One he is leaning one way and the opposite way on the other. The first x-ray his right looks good, left one bad and visa versa on the bottom one. If you wanted to send them in, I would have them re-taken you would probably get a normal-fair. There is some flattening on both sides which would prevent a "good" IMO. But if you were just curious, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The way my vet showed my, you want to draw a straight line from the top of the opening of the hip socket to the bottom. You want the ball joint to be in over half way across that line. He seems to be a little outside that line, but again, hard to tell with him tweaked and all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts