Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use to remove urine stains from rugs? Since our new lawn was put in and the dogs don't have as much on-demand outdoor access (can't walk on lawn for a couple weeks), Bella has had a couple accidents. They've been cleaned up quickly and thoroughly with blotting to soak up the pee, then cleansing with either vinegar or Woolite pet carpet spray. However there are still marks that can be seen.

Do you have any recommendations for getting them up? I've just had the carpets professionally cleaned and I'm determined to keep them nice. In fact I'm on a kick to keep my house clean! http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/golden-retrievers-main-discussion/196250-my-campaign-cleanliness.html#post3039594).

Any input welcomed.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Buy a home use steam type carpet cleaner. I share one with my parents.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
For some reason, Nature's Miracle hasn't been getting the stains with Urine. It always worked with our other 3 goldens, but doesn't with Bae Lee and Keeper. So I've been using that first and then Hydrogen Peroxide with a little baking soda. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
560 Posts
When our older golden was really sick, he had accidents. My favorite thing to use was hydrogen peroxide and dawn liquid soap. Soak up stain as best you can, towels, newspaper or whatever...then scrub out with mixture. Best thing is it takes the smell out too. Always test on your carpet to make sure it's okay, in a hidden spot. Mine our brown and blue and I never had a problem. But I would test to make sure;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts