Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boo! Just started to train my new jogging partners and they did awesome. They didn't pull and stayed by my side. Somehow Mommy lost her balance, twisted her ankle and fell down. I was only jogging with one at a time, it happened on Jax's turn. He was so concerned when I fell, it was really cute.

Now it's an ankle the size of a golf ball and ice. OH well, we will pick things back up next week.

·
Phoenix
93 Posts
When my pup was about 10 weeks old, I fell down the stairs and twisted, hit and sprained quite a few things, and I laid at the bottom of the stairs crying. He was at the top of the stairs and braved going down them for the first time, to get to me. He came down, crying the whole way, and kissed me, then howled over and over until my sister came and picked him up, then me. He wouldn't let her touch me until she comforted him first. He was really upset.

This is a trait with the goldens I absolutely LOVE. any other of the dogs around me, usually sat and looked at me basically saying "well arn't you an idiot".

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
OUCH--so sorry! Healing thoughts coming your way. I know how frustrating this can be when you are training for a goal. Aren't you a triathlete?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OUCH--so sorry! Healing thoughts coming your way. I know how frustrating this can be when you are training for a goal. Aren't you a triathlete?
I have done a triathlon, but prefer just running now. I was hoping to get these kids train to do doggie dashes with me.

So we are all laying in bed today! Darn thing hurts a bit.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Make sure you wrap it up with an ace bandage to help with the swelling.

RICE

R-Rest
I-Ice
C-Compression
E-Elevation

I sprained my ankle when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Boy, that wasn't fun at all, so I feel for you!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,670 Posts
Oh I feel for you, so sorry this happened.

Take care of yourself, Fostermom gave you some great instructions. I'm sure your guys will be more than willing to snuggle and cuddle with you while you're recuperating-hope you heal quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts