Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time of year again... We were cleaning up our patio, and I drained and cleaned the hot tub. Was refilling it with cool, clean water... Stepped away for a second, and heard a big splash! :doh:
He's a lot bigger than the hot tub photos from last year, and once he got in, we couldn't keep him out!
After he got done, we had to re-drain and clean everything before filling it (this time with the dogs INSIDE) but it was worth it!

Attachments

·
Simon & Shadow's Mom
860 Posts
Simon keeps threatening to jump in when we're relaxing. Sometimes he'll just lounge with his front paws on the top and slowly SLIDE forward, like we're not watching him inch closer and closer to the water???

He has his own pool, and we don't try to use it.. What's the biggie?!

Love the action shot of the splashing! Must have been a hoot to watch!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simon keeps threatening to jump in when we're relaxing. Sometimes he'll just lounge with his front paws on the top and slowly SLIDE forward, like we're not watching him inch closer and closer to the water???

He has his own pool, and we don't try to use it.. What's the biggie?!

Love the action shot of the splashing! Must have been a hoot to watch!

Coop has his own pool too! I guess he just wanted something a little bit deeper, lol. He also loves to get in and sit with his butt on the edge and his feet in. It worked when he was smaller, now it looks very awkward! He is so much fun, he's been with us for a year, and I just can't get enough of him! My (very big) baby :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of getting Gilmour a kiddie pool....
It is a worthwhile investment! (both for you AND Gilmour -fun for the pup, hours of entertainment for you ;) )
We picked ours up at a local grocery store for less than $10, it has more than paid for itself!

Tip: They're a pain to empty out all the time, so my hubby drilled a hole in ours and we put a cork in it for easy draining. It works great!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried, and it is near-impossible to get mad at that goofy smile! I don't mind when he gets in the hot tub when we're cleaning it -as long as the water is cool and chemical free, its fun for all of us :)
It is a special treat for him, so its all good! (he isn't allowed in when the water is hot and the chemicals have been added -I worry too much about his skin -funny that I'm ok with ME being in there, but not him, huh?)

·
Registered
813 Posts
He sure was having a ball! I've had that happen in my bath tub. Here's a word of advise don't leave the bathroom door open with the tub filling while you run across the hall to get your pj's. There may be a golden retiever in your tub when you get back.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
He sure was having a ball! I've had that happen in my bath tub. Here's a word of advise don't leave the bathroom door open with the tub filling while you run across the hall to get your pj's. There may be a golden retiever in your tub when you get back.
Heh, heh... at my house.... GUARRANTEED!! :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts