Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Whenever I eat yogurt who ever is in the house gets to lick out the little cup. They also all get bedtime cookies and when I use the can opener they are near as most times it canned food to mix in there kibble.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Layla gets the paper (most mornings anyways). She brings me her dish for breakfast and dinner. Haven't quite taught Aubrie that yet ;). Layla has to do 3 spins before I put her dish on the floor. She cracks me up because as soon as I raise her dish, she spins EXACTLY 3 times and then stops. Who says dogs can't count!!!! Aubrie speaks for her meals. At dog shows, before we start in the ring Layla gives me a kiss and I tell her that no matter what happens, we're gonna try our hardest and we'll always love each other :smooch:. And of course, they get multiple goodnight kisses and hugs! :heartbeat

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
They both get a tiny peanut butter treat when I pour my coffee in the morning. The cat is also there for his little treat. It's funny......all of them lined up in the kitchen.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
I don't think they look forward to it b/c there's such a gap between each time, but we have a tradition of burgers on their birthdays! :)

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Sam had many traditions but Ike hasn't really started any of his own yet. Well, except for ear infections.:( Sam had a french roll every morning as his morning snack. He LOVED bread. He also loved anything with tomatoes or tomato sauce. When we had spaghetti he would sit at the sink and wait to lick our bowls clean. He also loved eating the 'blood line' from any fish my husband was cleaning. That is the last enjoyable thing he did before he became ill. Thursday evening Dave was filleting a Rockfish and feeding Sam the blood line. Friday morning Sam presented with pneumonia and by Monday he was gone. That's a memory I cherish. Smiling, tail wagging Sam, patiently waiting at the sink for his treat.:)

·
And Hunter's too!
980 Posts
There are so many but there is one special one for me. I have a small bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup about 1x or 2x a week. When I near the end I stir the ice cream and syrup for some reason, and the boys know that's when I'm almost done so they come stand in front of me. When I'm done, if they've been nice (i.e. not touching me/begging) then they get to lick the bowl clean for me.

·
Too addicted to this site
265 Posts
'Cuddles on the Floor' - when i get home from work I take my shoes, coat and bag off and flop on the floor for a load of fuss. I don't care what I'm wearing or if the floor needs vacing it's the best way to greet her.

If I'm faffing about switching the lights on/locking the front door she'll sit patiently, tail thumping and then commando crawls up right next to me when I lie down. I tell her about my day, how happy I am to see her, we have a cuddle and a scratch and I forget work right there. I've been known to have a snooze in the middle of the dining room floor after a roough day.:eek:

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
Our biggest tradition is "rooo rooo rooo'ing" while doing figure 8's thru my legs. Geddy started this tradition, and Sawyer is fitting right into the swing of things!! I absolutely adore it, as it's soo endearing!!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts