Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Spay Options - surgical laser vs sutures?

390 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  davmar77
For those of you who opt to spay/neuter your dog, would you recommend paying a couple hundred more for surgical laser? Looking into this ahead of time since the clinics in my area book up a couple months in advance 😬

My local vet does not provide this option and said Nova “may” require suture removal depending on whether or not they can use dissolvable sutures. However, a nearby animal hospital provides this option.
For those of you who opt to spay/neuter your dog, would you recommend paying a couple hundred more for surgical laser? Looking into this ahead of time since the clinics in my area book up a couple months in advance 😬

My local vet does not provide this option and said Nova “may” require suture removal depending on whether or not they can use dissolvable sutures. However, a nearby animal hospital provides this option.
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,225 Posts

They do not sound like they are practicing in modern times, lol — I would not take any chance on needing suture removal. I would go elsewhere, personally.

As far as laser itself, it’s a nice option, but not totally necessary either. If the vet I wanted to do the spay offered it, I would personally go for it, but I feel the dissolvable suture issue is more important.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts